Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
April 19, 2024, 05:09:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

"Unique Appeal of Gothic Lodge" (for sale)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Unique Appeal of Gothic Lodge" (for sale)  (Read 103 times)
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« on: June 21, 2009, 12:07:09 pm »

Wierd or what ?

I was out walking today and nipped up to Torquay Cemetery to take some pic's (or rather over 100 pic's) anyway when I was up loading them, for another thread came across this article online !

I did see the forsale sign up when I was taking the pic's................wouldnt mind buying it myself if I had the money !

A DEATHLY quiet location and no problems from the hundreds of neighbours residing nearby is on offer as a Torbay cemetery lodge goes up for sale.

Built in the 1850s, the gothic-style lodge at Torquay Cemetery hit the market this week with a guide price of £150,000.

The property, owned by Torbay Council, came on to the market as the authority moves to sell off its 'redundant' assets.
Last used as a rest house for grave diggers, the eerie residence has one bedroom, a kitchen/sitting room and office with wall safe still in place.

But with the housing market in the doldrums, and the property needing a complete revamp inside, can such an unusual building fetch its asking price?

Estate agents Waycotts, which is marketing the property, thinks it can.

Mike Barber, one of the directors of Waycotts, said: "You never know what an individual unusual property will fetch. You can't really put a value on it.

"It is unique and will appeal to a specific section of the market. It will be sold to someone who wants something different.

"Cemetery Lodge was advertised for the first time on Thursday and there has already been considerable interest from people who want something different.

"There isn't anything else like it on the market. It really is unique."

The property once formed the centre piece of the main entrance to Torquay Cemetery and is believed to have been the gatekeeper's lodge.

It comes with an enclosed courtyard garden and lawn area, plus a stone outbuilding with slate roof and a side building which could be used as a garage and parking space for two cars.
With the old cemetery immediately next door, the location may not be for everyone. But at least you'll be guaranteed a good night's sleep hopefully without interruption from high-spirited neighbours.

The cemetery was built in 1852 and the first person was laid to rest there in November of that year.

The lodge is listed as Grade II along with adjoining railings and gates. The whole cemetery is listed on the register of Parks and Gardens of Specific Historic Interest.

Wouldnt you just lov to live here......................I would !

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: