Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
April 17, 2024, 11:31:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hairies Random Ramblings and other stuff

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hairies Random Ramblings and other stuff  (Read 967 times)
bugeye
Spirit...

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 12:22:03 pm »

G'day Bugeye and thanks for the welcome mate.

This morning is dawning bitterly cold, but clear with the promise of a beautiful Queensland winter's day. I just saw Robin off to her work, rugged up like the Michelan Man LOL, while I sit here with my second coffee. I like get up early with her to see her off and tell her again that I love her before she goes.

I hope you sorted out the post time thingy.

Yes indeedy SE QLD has the worlds best winters. I always make a good 'ol brecky for me missus - score a few brownie points that way. And coffee is me friend. Can never tell her too much can ya. Mine just never tires of it.

Happy little sheilas, ours  - I reckon.

I wish she would do that for me sometimes.

Got some work around the yard to do today when it warms up a bit. Building a sort of special reflective place under the bamboo stands. Putting in a boulder firepit and barbeque and a few things to just sit on and think. My little spot is somehow turning into my version of an alter for me and more and more, I find myself sitting out there trying to work out the meaning of things and of myself - for that matter. Nevermind, as my place evolves, I will try to get some images of it that might even help to explain its meaning for me. For now, it is enough to just go out there and potter about a bit.

Geez - you make me feel like getting out doors more often. Sounds beaut.

As I find time, I am wading through all the posts here. forgive me guys if I seem a little remiss in not replying to many. There just are not enough hours in my day at the moment and I am working flat out, healing myself from a recent crisis. the hurt is deep and the scars are deeper but I am getting there. Forgive me if I seem a little self absorbed at times please. Recurring depression is my curse as it is for many spiritual people I think. My battle with it taxes me heavily at times so there me periods of several days at least between posts. I will be here reading for sure, but I am going to try not to post when the darkness comes because I just get too negative. This is often around the time of the New Moon. Yet another of the many things I am trying to understand.

No worries - hard for a bloke to be tough all the time, so swing by whenever 'coz nothing is expected, no-one is ever judged and always there's an ear to listen, know that is fer sure.

Time for another image. Afro

The sand flats of Hervey Bay with Round Island in the foreground and Big Woody Island behind.  Fraser Island (K'gari) is further away and can just be seen in the top right hand corner. (K'gari in the local aboriginal Butchella dialect means Paradise.) and the place is well named.

Good on ya me old china plate.

I'm luvvin' the strine.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

BugEye
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,83.0.html
PrincessTiff
Spirit..

Spot on?: 2

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 11:26:54 pm »

Hiya Mick!

Just wanted to pop in an say hello, one Aussie to another! I live on the South WA coast   Grin

Any way, welcome to the Forum, I look forward to seeing more beautiful photos!

Love,
Tiff xxxx

For those who don't believe, there is no proof possible; for those who do believe, there is no proof necessary.
hairymick
Spirit.

Spot on?: 1

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 03:51:43 pm »

G'day Bugeye and thanks for the welcome mate.

This morning is dawning bitterly cold, but clear with the promise of a beautiful Queensland winter's day. I just saw Robin off to her work, rugged up like the Michelan Man LOL, while I sit here with my second coffee. I like get up early with her to see her off and tell her again that I love her before she goes.

I wish she would do that for me sometimes.

Got some work around the yard to do today when it warms up a bit. Building a sort of special reflective place under the bamboo stands. Putting in a boulder firepit and barbeque and a few things to just sit on and think. My little spot is somehow turning into my version of an alter for me and more and more, I find myself sitting out there trying to work out the meaning of things and of myself - for that matter. Nevermind, as my place evolves, I will try to get some images of it that might even help to explain its meaning for me. For now, it is enough to just go out there and potter about a bit.

As I find time, I am wading through all the posts here. forgive me guys if I seem a little remiss in not replying to many. There just are not enough hours in my day at the moment and I am working flat out, healing myself from a recent crisis. the hurt is deep and the scars are deeper but I am getting there. Forgive me if I seem a little self absorbed at times please. Recurring depression is my curse as it is for many spiritual people I think. My battle with it taxes me heavily at times so there me periods of several days at least between posts. I will be here reading for sure, but I am going to try not to post when the darkness comes because I just get too negative. This is often around the time of the New Moon. Yet another of the many things I am trying to understand.

Time for another image. Afro

The sand flats of Hervey Bay with Round Island in the foreground and Big Woody Island behind.  Fraser Island (K'gari) is further away and can just be seen in the top right hand corner. (K'gari in the local aboriginal Butchella dialect means Paradise.) and the place is well named.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:55:17 pm by hairymick » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Love,

Mick
bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 01:14:16 pm »

G'day,

I live on the Gold Coast, so we're near enough neighbours I guess.

I found that when it says you're out of post time, just click the post command again and Bob's yer uncle.

It's lovely to make your aquaintance, and look forward to seeing on the forum.

Too Roo.

clap (An ovation for your entrance.)

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,83.0.html
hairymick
Spirit.

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 08:25:31 am »

Hi guys,

Very tired now having done the wine thing and seen the loverly mz Robin of to bed, so this will have to be pretty brief.

Harry, that old bridge is no longer in use, It just sits there and rots. A relic from our horse and cart days but I sort of felt drawn to try to capture its soul, so to speak.

Eugene, race matters not a jot to me, but I was just trying to put into some sort of perspective why my spiritual journey is so confused. Race is not as important here as it seems to be in some parts of the world but we so called half casts or part casts have allways been not accepted by by either race. I much prefer the term "hybrid" Grin or even mongrel. Grin Grin. I suspect the indigenous peoples throughout the world face similar issues as do their hybrid offspring.

Hi again Medusa, thank you so much for the link to your photobucket albums, here is mine  campfire

http://my.imageshack.us/v_images_old.php

Mick here. I have deleted the photobucket link becausse it contained images that some members might find offensive. The above link carries no such images. I apologize if my previous link has upset anyone.

but I have to warn you, there are a lot of boring boat building images there

Heya Amberly, its real nice to see you here girl. Welcome!

Lake Lenthall,

Just up the road from me. Cool

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 10:51:26 pm by hairymick » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Love,

Mick
Amberly
Sageguide
Spirit..

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 07:53:16 am »

Hi Mick, we meet again Smiley  Look forward to seeing some of your cool photo's at some point Smiley
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 03:33:11 am »

Mi Medusa,

That is a stunning shot my friend.Thank you.  It should be mounted on a wall somewhere! Cool Where was it taken please?

Morn MIck hun

This pic was take in Torquay, Devon UK hun...........................

And I adore taking pic's, although not conventional pic's as most people do mmmm

Here's the link to my photo-bucket site, where I upload most of my pic's..............let me know what your thinking ?

http://s485.photobucket.com/albums/rr215/twistedsister666_photo/

(down the left hand side are some of my albums)

Medusa

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 03:20:49 am »

Cool. You know her too!!

Does it matter really how much your blood line reveals? Aboriginal South American, north American, native African. It matters not whether I am one of them in blood or not. It matters that they speak wise things that I can apply in my journey through the wonderful.

Unless you had judgments on race or creed where you grew up and you are ridding yourself of it now, you would not concern yourself too much about who did whom in the past. Grin You made it here. Alive in this world and it's fantastic to have you here and to be here.  coffeeread More coffee?

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
harryhoudini
Spirit....

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 03:12:08 am »

hello and welcome mick, great bridge picture, and the fact its made of wood is very spiritual........i can picture myself sat in the middle, water and wood having a very relaxing meditation...................
hairymick
Spirit.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 02:56:28 am »

Mi Medusa,

That is a stunning shot my friend.Thank you.  It should be mounted on a wall somewhere! Cool Where was it taken please?

Our winters are very mild when compared to elsewhere, but having lived in the tropics for years, when it starts to get cool, it hurts me out of all proportion to how mild it really is. The summers are brutal and every year I swear that I will move MUCH  closer to Antarctica! LOL.

My day is just winding down now as I guess yours is dawning. It was my day off while Robin is at work, the nature of bloody shift work I suppose. She will be home soon, tired and grumpy. The fire is lit again as are the candles and some nice sweet Aussie red is chilling in the fridge Cool. This has become a sort of ritual for us when we are on opposing shifts. (all too often) We sit quietly by the fire in winter, talk about the day and just sort of unwind.

In summer, it is outside in the relative cool, again with candles, under the bamboo and a chilled sweet white - special times. We have been together 18 years and things are as good now as they were when we first met. Cool Been some trials, for sure, but we are back on track now. Cool

G'day Eugene, Nice to see you here too mate. Cool My new Sister Binramii speaks much wisdom and has a kind and gentle heart, I don't understand much of what she says but her intent and love is very clear. I hope one day, to meet her in person. My ancestry is somewhat vague. My father, who is half cast or 1/4 cast and is 87 will not talk to me about his childhood. He is one of what we refer to as the "stolen generation" in that he was removed from his aboriginal family when very young, relocated far away and given to a white family to raise as a white man.

They did a very good job of this and were very good to him,  raising him with his 7 "sisters" and 4" brothers" as one of their own. Likewise, my Dad and Mum raised me to think, act and compete as a white man and it was only as I was approaching middle age that he relented and told me of my true heratige. A devestating shock at the time, but as he saw my interest quickening, he has clammed up and will say no more. So here I am, probably about an 1/8th cast aborigine or less, feeling a strange need to do something to find myself and my place in the scheme of things.

Enough of a ramble for now, My wife will be home soon Kiss

Hi Candlelight, and thank you. I was playing with a new ultra wide angle lense and trying to learn its little nuances when I took that one.

This is one of an old bridge near here from a few months ago. Not real sure why, but I like this one.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:02:02 am by hairymick » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Love,

Mick
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 01:16:37 am »

Hmm A picture says more than words can hey Mick. Yeah I like the cool 60's Afro dude too  Afro

I like your background. My dad was Wiccan and I grew up a Kitchen witch LOL I just love Aboriginal wisdom.  On another forum we have a lady who shares her Aboriginal wisdom and it all makes perfect sense or as I like top say "myth"

Not myth because its wrong but rather myth because words are so limited that all speech become Mythological colourful ways to speak the unspeakable. We have to see where they point. LOL

Welcome with us.
I think we are going to have great fun.

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
candlelight
Spirit....

Spot on?: 5

ti amo

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 01:04:13 am »

Smiley  morning mick.. hello and welcome.. love your pier photo....  and sitting by the fire is also a hobby of mine, (when its winter here too)

❀¸.•*¨ƸӜƷ
✿¸ LOVE
( `❀.¸ and
`✿.¸ )¸¸ PEACE
¸.❀´¸.✿*´¨) ¸.❀*¨)
(¸.✿´ (¸.❀` *(`'✿.¸¸.✿'´

Love is the answer...................now, what was the question??

http://cottagereiki.blogspot.com/
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 05:19:59 pm »

Hey Mick

Your welcome hun..........

Its gone 11pm here in the UK babes...............

And still too bloody hot .............................I know I shouldnt complian about the heat-wave as come winter will be complaining its too cold heheheeheh

Lov the idea of an open fire though, as have always wanted one..................a'lass it is not to be though ?

So ask away my lov, if I don't know the ans then I'm sure we can find out for you.............

We all have lots too learn, and some say we learn something new every day  coffeeputer

Medusa

PS: The sunset looks beautiful hun

Here's one I took last year, but will find a better one for you lov !

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 05:30:55 pm by medusa » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
hairymick
Spirit.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 05:07:33 pm »

Hi Medusa,

and thank you for the welcome.

tis a cold (for here) wet and dreary winters day. Am sitting by the fire with my beloved dogs, hot coffee & chocolat etc.etc. Cool

I have lots of questions as you so correctly guessed ?.  will ponder them so that i might word them correctly and post shortly. It is a very good day to be sitting hre doing this.

Sunset over Theodolite Creek.

Love,

Mick
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 04:54:02 pm »

Hey Mick

Welcome to the family hun................

Pull a comfy chair up and make yourself at home .......................

Its nice too see a new face and all are welcome no matter where you are from or what your job is  !

I am a medium and spiritual-healer myself and am open to one and all if you need anything !

If you have any questions pls dont hesitate to ask lov

Medusa   choir 

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: