Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 28, 2024, 04:41:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

9 Tips to Treat Colds and Flu the 'Natural' Way

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9 Tips to Treat Colds and Flu the 'Natural' Way  (Read 2736 times)
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 12:22:14 pm »

I have been using colloidal silver for like five years now and I don't get colds or anything else for that matter. I use chilly foods to clear my sinus' in case of congestion. LOL
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
LindaF
Welcome New spirit

Spot on?: 0

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 11:42:58 am »

What about minerals or vitamins? Is vitamin c or zinc good for fighting a cold? Also what about silver water? Can it be used to kill off the cold germs and bacteria?

Linda - Has anyone ever used purest colloids platinum as a supplement?
gryffen
Spirit.

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 02:40:30 am »

hiya sweetie!

Ahhhh is right!

My throats been sore since i went scuba diving - no thoughts tho as my checks were made - next thing i know is i wake up, turn over and croak!!!!

Sitting up, Paul is like wtf?

My tonsils and full back of mouth are so hot and inflammed that i could melt ice cream in 2 seconds flat!

What was better is that i had manouvers that day with the newbies - ok - only medicals and medic alert but i was gonna have to sit it out!

Found CO - he took one look at me and said open wide - i couldnt - 20 mins later im having the damn things removed!

Day 6 of strep throat - infection still there - throat raw - on medical leave - im bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is what happens when  you are brought up in a protestant family - is a practicing wiccan - who marries a catholic - who converts to R C - who is still practicing old traditions = Gayle is dooooooooomed!

surfing  Shocked  Huh?  Cry  Evil  angel  uglustupid2  tickedoff  watchit  crazy2  buck2  dragonfire donotfeedthetroll coffeeread oops

Lo there do I see my father, Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live...forever.
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 12:40:25 am »

YAY

Just been diagnosed with severe strep throat - my tonsils came out last night lol
(owww)

Might need to try that paste tonight!

My aunt is from SA - one of her recipies i got for a cold food is bobotee - amazing if you spice it up more!!!

Ahh Babes

Sorry too hear that hun

Take care and speak soon

Am just off back to work lov

Medusa

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
gryffen
Spirit.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 08:44:20 am »

YAY

Just been diagnosed with severe strep throat - my tonsils came out last night lol
(owww)

Might need to try that paste tonight!

My aunt is from SA - one of her recipies i got for a cold food is bobotee - amazing if you spice it up more!!!

Lo there do I see my father, Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live...forever.
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 07:38:03 am »

We have this medicine here in South Africa called "One day flu cure"

It looks like watery ground cinnamon paste. I dont know what is in there but it definitely has an overdose of cinamon. Burns like hell. But it does cure you in 24 hours.

I think tea with lemon honey and cinnamon and even fresh ginger will do nicely. And for congestion? Chillie food. Its also excellent for free radicals and a boost to your immune system.

There is a samoosa seller friend of mine here at my shopping centre. Mohammed (well one of them anyway) He works off the pavement and cooks them right there. Really good hot fresh cooked Samoosas.

Anyway He makes his own Chilli sauce and it is to die for. When you open the bottle and smell it hits you in the sinus. Smiley

He says its a common cold defense of his people and he sells double the quantity in winter.

Just have some genuine dairy fresh cream nearby when you eat the stuff. Its amaising how the cream removes the burn. I once had this salad that consisted of pure green fresh chillies and cream only. When you eat it cruches away as if you are eating raw green beans and it does not burn one bit. Only where you are moling it in your mouth it burns sometimes.

Dairy cream completely anhilates Capsiucum. Not too much cream when you are sick though. Dairy is probably the reason why our colds are so bad. (The ones who get them.)

I haven't had a cold in 15 years or so. But then I also don't use dairy. Only for taste but not as a nutrition if you know what I mean.

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Lynn
Spirit.

Spot on?: 2

The Black Knight of Whitehall

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 06:35:13 pm »

Hello

Olive Leaf Extract ( with cautions) it does not mix well with some perscription medications.   Too Ecanacia does not mix well with Thyroid meds I know found out the hard way.  In some it cancels out the Thyroid meds.

Lynn

Past the Corridor of Fire
Through the Doors of Mist
Into the Tomb of Mirrors
Ever watching
The Black Knight of Whitehall
Armor of Darkness
And in his left hand
The Sword of Dusk
And in his right
The Shield of Dawn
Through shadowed eyes in a dark helm
He will watch over the Soul of Light
candlelight
Spirit....

Spot on?: 5

ti amo

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 02:02:35 pm »

Smiley

take echinacea

http://www.herbsforhealing.org.uk/herbinfo_echinacea.php

take lots of vitamin C apparently the effervesent type ( fizzy) is best and cold viruses cant survive in a heavy vit c environ  Smiley

raw garlic and ginger sandwich..garlic natural antibiotic and giner is a 'warm' food.. good for colds..

just dont get too up and personal with your friends, real soon  xxxx
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 02:04:59 pm by candlelight » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

❀¸.•*¨ƸӜƷ
✿¸ LOVE
( `❀.¸ and
`✿.¸ )¸¸ PEACE
¸.❀´¸.✿*´¨) ¸.❀*¨)
(¸.✿´ (¸.❀` *(`'✿.¸¸.✿'´

Love is the answer...................now, what was the question??

http://cottagereiki.blogspot.com/
gryffen
Spirit.

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 01:47:46 pm »

Hi medusa

this is what i do :

Hot water and lemon/honey
sake bomb - blame Tokyo for that memory loss lol
camphor in a water bowl

personally i believe that lying under a blanket when you have a cold is the worse thing to do ever.
my sister does it and she complains and moans about verything.
I get up - blow my nose, wrap a scarf and go about dog walking in fresh air.
if you lie under a cover - you restrict fresh air = breathe same germs back in

my 2p in - everyone is diffrent - personally i sneezed on my priest - i swear i had 100 hailmarys to do lol

Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« on: June 27, 2009, 04:11:44 am »

9 Tips to Treat Colds and Flu the 'Natural' Way

With no cure in sight for the cold or the flu, current treatments can at best bring symptom relief or shorten the duration of those symptoms. You can take one of a variety of medications that may help relieve your symptoms. Or you can take the natural approach. WebMD went to Charles B. Inlander, president of The People's Medical Society, for some home remedies that may help you feel better along the way.

No. 1: Blow Your Nose Often -- and the Right Way

It's important to blow your nose regularly when you have a cold rather than sniffling mucus back into your head. But when you blow hard, pressure can cause an earache. The best way to blow your nose: Press a finger over one nostril while you blow gently to clear the other. Wash your hands after blowing your nose.

No. 2: Stay Rested

Resting when you first come down with a cold or the flu helps your body direct its energy toward the immune battle. This battle taxes the body. So give it a little help by lying down under a blanket.

No. 3: Gargle

Gargling can moisten a sore throat and bring temporary relief. Try a teaspoon of salt dissolved in warm water, four times daily. To reduce the tickle in your throat, try an astringent gargle -- such as tea that contains tannin -- to tighten the membranes. Or use a thick, viscous gargle made with honey, popular in folk medicine. Steep one tablespoon of raspberry leaves or lemon juice in two cups of hot water; mix with one teaspoon of honey. Let the mixture cool to room temperature before gargling. Honey should never be given to children less than 1 year old.

No. 4: Drink Hot Liquids

Hot liquids relieve nasal congestion, help prevent dehydration, and can soothe the uncomfortably inflamed membranes that line your nose and throat.

No. 5: Take a Steamy Shower

Steamy showers moisturize your nasal passages and relax you. If you're dizzy from the flu, run a steamy shower while you sit on a chair nearby and take a sponge bath.

No. 6: Use a Salve Under Your Nose

A small dab of mentholated salve under your nose can open breathing passages and help soothe the irritated skin at the base of the nose. Menthol, eucalyptus and camphor all have mild numbing ingredients that may help relieve the pain of a nose rubbed raw.

No. 7: Apply Hot or Cold Packs Around Your Congested Sinuses

Either temperature may help you feel more comfortable. You can buy reusable hot or cold packs at a drugstore. Or make your own. Take a damp washcloth and heat it for 55 seconds in a microwave (test the temperature first to make sure it's right for you.) Or take a small bag of frozen peas to use as a cold pack.

No. 8: Sleep With an Extra Pillow Under Your Head

This will help with the drainage of nasal passages. If the angle is too awkward, try placing the pillows between the mattress and the box springs to create a more gradual slope.

No. 9: Don't Fly Unless Necessary

There's no point adding stress to your already stressed-out upper respiratory system, and that's what the change in air pressure will do. Flying with cold or flu congestion can hurt your eardrums as a result of pressure changes during takeoff and landing. If you must fly, use a decongestant and carry a nasal spray with you to use just before takeoff and landing. Chewing gum and swallowing frequently can also help relieve pressure.

Now apart from the fact I have tried all of these all week now, and had plenty of vitamin C as well, plenty of orange juice etc I still am not really any better !

Although last night I thought I was getting better, you never realize how bad a common cold can have an effect on you !

So come on people, there must be something else that can help me with this, also I'm diabetic as well, which doesnt help apparently ?

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: