Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
April 18, 2024, 08:26:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Which way is your mind programmed?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which way is your mind programmed?  (Read 466 times)
candlelight
Spirit....

Spot on?: 5

ti amo

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 01:25:36 am »

Smiley    great post... i am one for doing lists and putting dates on them.. its amazing how much we achieve when we set goals and ask.. be specific.

thnaks shepherd.. i will try your lists too.. candles xxxx
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

❀¸.•*¨ƸӜƷ
✿¸ LOVE
( `❀.¸ and
`✿.¸ )¸¸ PEACE
¸.❀´¸.✿*´¨) ¸.❀*¨)
(¸.✿´ (¸.❀` *(`'✿.¸¸.✿'´

Love is the answer...................now, what was the question??

http://cottagereiki.blogspot.com/
bugeye
Spirit...

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 07:15:44 am »

Thanks Shepherd,

I'll do it as you say.

I thought you'd gone away so I implemented the method I used to use. It worked for me once so I thought I'd just go again.

I'm just at the end of one road and at the start of the next right now - I feel I see clearly into the future somewhat now though.

Very good exersize you gave us - helped me.

Thanks.

Smiley

Last year I started meditation and have had quite a long period of emotional release, but my physical ambition was just day to day sameness. Now I feel pretty good again and want to make more vast changes. I tried to start the method I previously used but seem bored with it and unfocused, and I probably need a good kick in the butt, and some new spark plugs.

So - I started following this method now because the old is mundane and the new is exciting, and I want you to be the 'butt kicker'.

I made the list as prescribed and have the following questions:

1) With money, should I be specific with the income, or just say 'alot'?

2) Should I set definite dates by when the goals will be acheived?

Thanks, I hope to hear from you soon.

Hi here are the answers to your questions :0)  I hope they help!

Why be specific with income?  I have found people just seem to end up in conflict with amounts they come up with.  Not enough or too much, do i deserve this?  Can I get this?  How much do I give to family etc? 
I love money flowing easily into my life!
I feel so excited at seeing my bank account look so healthy.
I love being suprised by windfalls of money etc.

Dates for goals are a good idea but be flexible to flow with your subconscious mind to extend that goal as it evolves or for things to happen earlier than expected.
I love reaching my goals and feeling flexible in the flow to reach them...

Being that you are an unlimited, infinte spark of consciousness you can experience what you wish. Your attention, intention and direction of focus will create what comes next.  Its another name for karma.

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,83.0.html
Shepherd
Spirit.

Spot on?: 3

Remember who you really are

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 05:20:05 am »

Last year I started meditation and have had quite a long period of emotional release, but my physical ambition was just day to day sameness. Now I feel pretty good again and want to make more vast changes. I tried to start the method I previously used but seem bored with it and unfocused, and I probably need a good kick in the butt, and some new spark plugs.

So - I started following this method now because the old is mundane and the new is exciting, and I want you to be the 'butt kicker'.

Hi here are the answers to your questions :0)  I hope they help!

Why be specific with income?  I have found people just seem to end up in conflict with amounts they come up with.  Not enough or too much, do i deserve this?  Can I get this?  How much do I give to family etc? 
I love money flowing easily into my life!
I feel so excited at seeing my bank account look so healthy.
I love being suprised by windfalls of money etc.

Dates for goals are a good idea but be flexible to flow with your subconscious mind to extend that goal as it evolves or for things to happen earlier than expected.
I love reaching my goals and feeling flexible in the flow to reach them...

Being that you are an unlimited, infinte spark of consciousness you can experience what you wish. Your attention, intention and direction of focus will create what comes next.  Its another name for karma.

I am loving this experience as there is nothing I have to do.
I am free.
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

Check out my new website.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 06:25:22 am »

I agree.

Saying you want something is being honest. Wether you get it or not is not the point at this stage. The point is allowig yourself to be honest about what you want. Often we shrink our wanting away because we believe we won't get it so we dont want to diissapoint ourselves. Then we console ourselves saying we don't want it.

Saying you want something is not saying you are going to get something. It is purely telling the subconcious what you want. Down the line the gettting will appear more possible as your sub works on it and eventually you might even get it. But be honest with you yourself. That's a great start.

Another great exercise is to set up a dream the way you want. Set up a house a lifestyle everything for a dream you would like to dream one night. Because we know we can have anything in our dreams you will be free to think it up.

You can also play the "If I win the lotto Jackpot" game and imagine what your life would look like three years after you won the lotto draw. Most often doing what you love doing will give you the lifestyle you want anyway. You dont always have to win the lottery to start doing what you love doing. But thinking it through this way is a great start.

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 05:45:50 am »

Hey Shepherd

This is a great exercise lov................have done something similar in my past and found it really great !  Smitten

Medusa

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
Traveller
Spirit..

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 06:44:56 pm »

The first collumn was a lot easier to write.

Interesting exercise, Shepherd, thanks.
bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 05:35:43 am »

Hello again,

I used to have a list of goals and methodology for attainment.

Basically, I'd get up in the am and write a short story about myself, not as I was currently, but how I dreamed future me. I found it focused my mind on my wants and the repititive behaviour convinced me it was true.

From that the goal list was derived.

I'd then start at the first goal and write down what I should do that day to take a small step in the desired direction toward my imagined success, and repeat the process with each listed goal until I had a 'to do list' for the day. Of course I'd do those things that day.

After the listing process I used to jog my regular 6km route and chant 'I'm calm, serene and focused on my dream.' in regular time with my breathing.

The method was very successful and allowed me to make vast changes. In one year I saved $30,000 immigrated countries and completely transformed my physical life.

Then - I hit a wall because my stifled emotion was pent up, and I have been stagnant for maybe 5 years now.

Smiley
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:27:21 am by bugeye » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 01:50:16 pm »

One of the biggest reasons people dont get what they want is that that they dont know what they want and focus most of their attention on what they do not want to happen in their lives.

Where our attention and intention lies, is what we tend to experience. Each thought, feeling and action create what comes next.
If you feel you are lacking in an area of your life then it is time to find out where your attention is focused and also what programs you have running.

Here's a way of finding out which way your mind is programmed. Take a piece of paper and split into two columns, you can also do this in excel or word.
Write I want in my life to experience..... in one column
Write I dont want to experience.....in another column.
Then as quickly as you can write down in each column as much as you can for 5 mins in each column what you want to experience and what you dont want to experience.

Which column was easier and flowed from your mind? Which column has the most experiences in? Are you aware on where your focus tends to be?
Also keep a note of what your inner dialogue tends to say to you. Is it confident and positive or does it focus on the dangers and drama of life?

I find wants are easiest.

Mixture of inner chatter really, perhaps a little too much of this I feel.

The next step is to every day to start writing down what you wish to experience, what you enjoyed experiencing today and what you are grateful for in your life. Keep focusing on this in your mind. The more you focus your attention in this direction the more your subconscious will alter programs to help you get what you want.

I will do and this moment I make an excersize book for this purpose. (First page has the first exexsize in it, which I might write more neatly as I scibbled fast as I could, as you said.

Next step. Notice in your notes what is important for you to experience more of. Was it freedom, love, happiness, wealth, health? something else?
Take three of them and make them into a mantra. For example happy, healthy and wealthy or focused, free and fun...you get the idea. Now repeat as often as possible! Especially when relaxing or just before bed. The subconscious mind will do the rest.

Now it is time to get what you want.

(pay no attention to people who say wanting leaves you wanting as that is pure nonsense and that maybe their own program creating lack in their lives. They would love you to subscribe to that story too. Wanting is the first step to getting....simple as that.)

Thanks - I do agree with you.

This is fun.

I'll let you know how it goes.

clap (From the Bug.)

Shepherd
Spirit.

Remember who you really are

« on: June 27, 2009, 05:39:35 am »

One of the biggest reasons people dont get what they want is that that they dont know what they want and focus most of their attention on what they do not want to happen in their lives.

Where our attention and intention lies, is what we tend to experience. Each thought, feeling and action create what comes next.
If you feel you are lacking in an area of your life then it is time to find out where your attention is focused and also what programs you have running.

Here's a way of finding out which way your mind is programmed. Take a piece of paper and split into two columns, you can also do this in excel or word.
Write I want in my life to experience..... in one column
Write I dont want to experience.....in another column.
Then as quickly as you can write down in each column as much as you can for 5 mins in each column what you want to experience and what you dont want to experience.

Which column was easier and flowed from your mind? Which column has the most experiences in? Are you aware on where your focus tends to be?
Also keep a note of what your inner dialogue tends to say to you. Is it confident and positive or does it focus on the dangers and drama of life?

The next step is to every day to start writing down what you wish to experience, what you enjoyed experiencing today and what you are grateful for in your life. Keep focusing on this in your mind. The more you focus your attention in this direction the more your subconscious will alter programs to help you get what you want.

Next step. Notice in your notes what is important for you to experience more of. Was it freedom, love, happiness, wealth, health? something else?
Take three of them and make them into a mantra. For example happy, healthy and wealthy or focused, free and fun...you get the idea. Now repeat as often as possible! Especially when relaxing or just before bed. The subconscious mind will do the rest.

Now it is time to get what you want.

(pay no attention to people who say wanting leaves you wanting as that is pure nonsense and that maybe their own program creating lack in their lives. They would love you to subscribe to that story too. Wanting is the first step to getting....simple as that.)

I am loving this experience as there is nothing I have to do.
I am free.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: