Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 28, 2024, 08:50:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Iarla - A new beginning

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iarla - A new beginning  (Read 2834 times)
iarla
Spirit..

Spot on?: 1

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2009, 08:07:01 am »

Hi Eugene, I completely agree. Lying to others to support the lies we tell ourselves is a habit of many. I've even caught myself doing it LOL I went through a phase in my teens where I'd be saying something to friends like "I don't care what people think of me.." only to follow it up with "hang on.. that's a lie!" Every one of these self corrections brings more consciousness into your existence.

PrincessTiff, I'm glad you liked the pic. I have a few newphews and nieces (and even a grand nephew!) and that picture always cracks me up!

Thanks for the warm welcome back BugEye. Thanks for sharing your method with me - it's similar to my method, where I don't allow myself practice the day before the gigs and just play pool or something. At the moment I'm playing with 2 bands, rehearsing with another and DJing / MCing and the stress levels are beyond managable now. So I'm keeping the main band and the DJ work and dropping the rest. It's been a good method of practicing 'presence' and trying to not get caught up in anxiety, but the coldsores, stomach cramps and anxiety have won this battle. I'll be back though!

Traveller, thank you so much for the music. I haven't listened to that Beatles one in ages and it's a great one. Would you believe two of our band members want to do the Lee Anne Womack song! I think it's requested for an upcoming first dance also. I had never heard of it until recently and now I'm hearing it everywhere LOL

Juzzie Smith is excellent, I love that style of music. I'm pretty blown away by his ryhthms and harmonica playing. Is there a limb he doesn't use?!

I hope you all have a great weekend guys - thanks for dropping by!
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: