Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 29, 2024, 09:36:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Iarla - A new beginning

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iarla - A new beginning  (Read 2844 times)
iarla
Spirit..

Spot on?: 1

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2009, 06:04:25 am »

I loved the newsletter, it's a great idea. And as I just said to Eugene, I turned bright red here when I saw my verse at the end of it. Just when I thought I had the gigs behind me too LOL. Thank you so much.

Ah yes, the drinking used to be my musical diesel. Funnily enough, when I quit drinking (or cut down anyway) my taste in music changed. I couldn't listen to Led Zepplin for example without getting a lip on me for a few pints hehe
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

bugeye
Spirit...

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2009, 05:59:40 am »

Ah, thank you so much everyone. it's great to come back to ye all Smiley

BugBrat! - I think you have place misceivous code here to make your name become BugBrat when we post Smiley I nearly had heart failure thinking I had made some mistake and caused offence. You are a messer  Afro I've managed to organize myself now so there will be no more of these 'wheel of death' gigs where I don't know what I'm doing.

Oh no, I'm just a fun loving guy with a devious sence of humour, no offense at all, I worry I cause offence. Not easy being 'Pro-fester Head Cheeze' y'know.

Yep - wild gigs can really put a man on edge, hard to keep a level head when yer in musical dreams all the time ay. Drove me to drink that R+R lifestyle.  Smiley

You were awarded poem of the week in the new weekly newsletter. Did you like the newsletter?

Traveller - thanks, I got through everything okay. I'm not totally happy with the church gig I did. I may not cash the cheque they gave me. But they were happy and the feedback for all the other gigs was excellent. I even got calls the next morning from people asking to book us. One of them saw us and another had been pretty much ordered by a friend at one of the shows to get us for their event. Really happy - I'm so proud of the rest of the band. They're really nice guys (and gal!).

Candlelight - thank you, I think the faeries were on my side this weekend. I learned a lot about my personal limits, stress levels and a bit about the importance of keeping my word. It was transfroming actually LOL

Ann - thank you so much. I can actually smell those Smiley I hope you're week is beautiful also.

I'm sending you all my good vibrations this week!

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,83.0.html
iarla
Spirit..

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2009, 05:33:14 am »

Ah, thank you so much everyone. it's great to come back to ye all Smiley

BugEye - I think you have place misceivous code here to make your name become BugBrat when we post Smiley I nearly had heart failure thinking I had made some mistake and caused offence. You are a messer  Afro I've managed to organize myself now so there will be no more of these 'wheel of death' gigs where I don't know what I'm doing.

Traveller - thanks, I got through everything okay. I'm not totally happy with the church gig I did. I may not cash the cheque they gave me. But they were happy and the feedback for all the other gigs was excellent. I even got calls the next morning from people asking to book us. One of them saw us and another had been pretty much ordered by a friend at one of the shows to get us for their event. Really happy - I'm so proud of the rest of the band. They're really nice guys (and gal!).

Candlelight - thank you, I think the faeries were on my side this weekend. I learned a lot about my personal limits, stress levels and a bit about the importance of keeping my word. It was transfroming actually LOL

Ann - thank you so much. I can actually smell those Smiley I hope you're week is beautiful also.

I'm sending you all my good vibrations this week!

candlelight
Spirit....

Spot on?: 5

ti amo

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2009, 02:42:09 pm »

Smiley

thought you needed a little mischevious help here.. xxxx

❀¸.•*¨ƸӜƷ
✿¸ LOVE
( `❀.¸ and
`✿.¸ )¸¸ PEACE
¸.❀´¸.✿*´¨) ¸.❀*¨)
(¸.✿´ (¸.❀` *(`'✿.¸¸.✿'´

Love is the answer...................now, what was the question??

http://cottagereiki.blogspot.com/
bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2009, 10:28:01 am »

I played bass first, before learning the geetar and we played all the time, 3 and five times a week. Steevy Ray, Hendrix, Buddy guy, Styx etc etc etc - real good band - really good.

Y'know, the music can really mess with ya, with the pressure, always off with the fairies in musical wonderland, just the level of energy and focus of concentration, going into like hyperdrive all the time, beyond one's normal levels of being. Always like 1000 people watching so nerves all the time

Have to keep the feet on the ground too.

Makes Ya Feel Alive!

crazy2
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 10:30:01 am by bugeye » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

Traveller
Spirit..

Spot on?: 3

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2009, 08:20:11 am »

Hey Iarla,

Glad you liked the music, and I'm also a big Juzzie Smith fan,the man is very talented indeed Smiley

Sounds like you've got a lot on over there, and  reducing stress is a great move. I always find I get too overwhelmed to concentrate properly if I have too many projects going and lose focus.

Good luck with the band and the DJ work. Hope you end up playing that Leanne Womack song, that would be cool.

Have an awesome weekend,

Traveller.
iarla
Spirit..

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2009, 08:07:01 am »

Hi Eugene, I completely agree. Lying to others to support the lies we tell ourselves is a habit of many. I've even caught myself doing it LOL I went through a phase in my teens where I'd be saying something to friends like "I don't care what people think of me.." only to follow it up with "hang on.. that's a lie!" Every one of these self corrections brings more consciousness into your existence.

PrincessTiff, I'm glad you liked the pic. I have a few newphews and nieces (and even a grand nephew!) and that picture always cracks me up!

Thanks for the warm welcome back BugEye. Thanks for sharing your method with me - it's similar to my method, where I don't allow myself practice the day before the gigs and just play pool or something. At the moment I'm playing with 2 bands, rehearsing with another and DJing / MCing and the stress levels are beyond managable now. So I'm keeping the main band and the DJ work and dropping the rest. It's been a good method of practicing 'presence' and trying to not get caught up in anxiety, but the coldsores, stomach cramps and anxiety have won this battle. I'll be back though!

Traveller, thank you so much for the music. I haven't listened to that Beatles one in ages and it's a great one. Would you believe two of our band members want to do the Lee Anne Womack song! I think it's requested for an upcoming first dance also. I had never heard of it until recently and now I'm hearing it everywhere LOL

Juzzie Smith is excellent, I love that style of music. I'm pretty blown away by his ryhthms and harmonica playing. Is there a limb he doesn't use?!

I hope you all have a great weekend guys - thanks for dropping by!

Traveller
Spirit..

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2009, 07:53:21 pm »

Hello Iarla,

Just dropping in to wish you a calm, fun-filled weekend.. I hope your week has been a similar one.

Here's some songs I thought you'd like, enjoy Smiley I particularly  love the lyrics of the last one.

Have a great weekend,

Traveller.
bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2009, 01:10:15 am »

Welcome Back!

I know how you feel. I prepare for a performance quite well by going to my studio before hand to the 'up the anti'.

I get very delicate as the date approaches too, and difficult to live with.

I have a method where I allow myself to become wrought with nervous anxiety a couple of days before the appearance, so most of the tension is gone on the actual day. I kind of use up all the nerves the day before. Still, it's pretty daunting to strut out on stage all by myself on the night.

Great to see you back!

Smiley

PrincessTiff
Spirit..

Spot on?: 2

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2009, 08:36:26 pm »

Hi Iarla!

Just dropping by to say hi and thank you for that pic in my thread, I lauged and laughed. Hilarious!!!!  alarm clock

Hope all is well in your part of the World!

Love,
Tiff xxxx

For those who don't believe, there is no proof possible; for those who do believe, there is no proof necessary.
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2009, 01:01:08 am »

Yeah and then you get the ones who lie to themselves. They say what needs to be said and they agree with it mentally. They really do. But their whole makeup does not agree.

We are multi dimentional beings and the mind is but one dimention. So when a person agrees it is only his representative part that agrees and sadly, some will never know about the parts that don't agree because it is a common trendency to believe that if an entity does not use words to communicate, it is stupid.

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Traveller
Spirit..

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2009, 06:53:03 pm »

Good point, Iarla.

I also think many people are afraid to break out of old ways of being (speaking from personal experience here also), and want to remain as they are now, in a comfort zone. Fear would play a big part.
iarla
Spirit..

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2009, 06:24:26 pm »

From personal experience, I think the reason some don't practice what they preach is because they don't truly believe it yet, or are afraid of it, or are not yet ready to let go of something. I caught myself doing the same thing once, and when I realized I was talking but not practicing - I dug deep to find out why and then made my inner fears feel warm and welcome inside me. Then they quitened down and I could move forward yet another step.

Traveller
Spirit..

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2009, 05:52:43 pm »

Hello Iarla,

Thank you for sharing this song with us  Cool

Unfortunately I cannot listen to it here, but as soon as I have a chance I most definitely will. From what everyone has said, I am sure to enjoy it.

I have to agree with Eugene here in regards to the 60's being a time of awakening for many, and it is a shame indeed that many preech but do not practice. It is good to know that there are many others who do, though Smiley
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2009, 10:11:41 am »

I am listening to this Kirtana song now and I am deeply moved. Smitten

I often wonder why so many people say the same words in various ways but very few actually live what they believe to be true.  angel

I think the sixties was there to give the indigo people a wake up call and give them a glimpse of what can happen.

Gosh this was awesone. This is probably my intro to Kirtana and I love it.

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: