Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 28, 2024, 04:05:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

You are not your mind

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You are not your mind  (Read 443 times)
candlelight
Spirit....

Spot on?: 5

ti amo

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 02:18:25 am »

Smiley  hello, i watched a dvd last night on dan millman, the peaceful warrior..

i love that book.. they did miss a lot out but did it well enough.. and explained we are not our minds..
we are each and every momnet we live and we create our us, with our thoughts and feelings.
We have to be in the now. thats it.  Smiley 
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

❀¸.•*¨ƸӜƷ
✿¸ LOVE
( `❀.¸ and
`✿.¸ )¸¸ PEACE
¸.❀´¸.✿*´¨) ¸.❀*¨)
(¸.✿´ (¸.❀` *(`'✿.¸¸.✿'´

Love is the answer...................now, what was the question??

http://cottagereiki.blogspot.com/
Traveller
Spirit..

Spot on?: 3

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 02:42:46 am »

Interesting post, thank you for sharing.

I view being as your spirit, and essence, and agree entirely that contentment is found in learning to accept life for all it is, and yourself, in all facets, good, bad,  and nutral, enjoying your own company.

I don't believe that one's faith is essential to feeling content, as much as acceptance is.
candlelight
Spirit....

Spot on?: 5

ti amo

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 01:45:38 am »

great posts.. thank goodness i am not my mind,, lol it gets pretty scarey in there sometimes..  Grin

❀¸.•*¨ƸӜƷ
✿¸ LOVE
( `❀.¸ and
`✿.¸ )¸¸ PEACE
¸.❀´¸.✿*´¨) ¸.❀*¨)
(¸.✿´ (¸.❀` *(`'✿.¸¸.✿'´

Love is the answer...................now, what was the question??

http://cottagereiki.blogspot.com/
Lynn
Spirit.

Spot on?: 2

The Black Knight of Whitehall

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 09:27:08 pm »

Hello

I feel that in reaching that point of "enlightenment" can mean many a thing to many a faith.  Be them with God or not with God.  Is not that state of being total acceptance in one's self and understanding in one's self.  In whom and what one is. 

I do not walk with God but nor can I say there be no God if it fits one I accept in that.  I have recently found that place of peace and acceptance.  I have learned where I felt to be place in the wrong house as a child, a house that told me never to talk on seeing the "dead" I so was placed in the right home to become who I am today.  If I had been raised in a learned house to all that I be I would not be me I would have been schooled well and lead down a path that would see my ablities used in very differnt ways.  Most likely for pay.

I turned down that path of teachings at 18 by someone that went on the be very successful.  I wanted not that for me.  Somehow I knew then whom I was just never understood that .  In finding some that think along the same lines I have come to accept fully who Lynn is.  I truly walk without judgement's in me one's I feel be right when they say that one me.  Too I walk without that EGO that says I have to conform to the mold.  I be me I be of the modern world and I be of the past world I walked in some but always I walk in this life in the present.  Ye can draw from one's past and still walk in the pressent.  Ye I feel can take past lifes and fit whom ye were then some into the life ye now life as it is still ye just in a different body.  Not really a different time as time be a man made thing.

I have been told I feel different to one's that I have let know me better.  I know that I do feel at peace.  Gone in me is the "why" someone pointed that out them a bit ago.  Lynn ye have lost that "why" this and "why" that.  Now its acceptance.  Understanding.

I have a site to thank greatly for that.  Too I be feeling a lot more at ease here.  I really was not sure on this for me....or me for it. 

Lynn

Past the Corridor of Fire
Through the Doors of Mist
Into the Tomb of Mirrors
Ever watching
The Black Knight of Whitehall
Armor of Darkness
And in his left hand
The Sword of Dusk
And in his right
The Shield of Dawn
Through shadowed eyes in a dark helm
He will watch over the Soul of Light
The Universeable
Spirit..

Spot on?: 4

« on: July 04, 2009, 04:38:47 pm »

Excerpt from The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle

The Greatest Obstacle to Enlightenment

Enlightenment - what is that?

A beggar had been sitting by the side of a road for over thirty years. One day a stranger walked by. "Spare some change?" mumbled the beggar, mechanically holding out his old baseball cap. "I have nothing to give you," said the stranger. Then he asked: "What's that you are sitting on?" "Nothing," replied the beggar. "Just an old box. I have been sitting on it for as long as I can remember." "Ever looked inside?" asked the stranger. "No," said the beggar. "What's the point? There's nothing in there." "Have a look inside," insisted the stranger. The beggar managed to pry open the lid. With astonishment, disbelief, and elation, he saw that the box was filled with gold.
I am that stranger who has nothing to give you and who is telling you to look inside. Not inside any box, as in the parable, but somewhere even closer: inside yourself. "But I am not a beggar," I can hear you say.

Those who have not found their true wealth, which is the radiant joy of Being and the deep, unshakable peace that comes with it, are beggars, even if they have great material wealth. They are looking outside for scraps of pleasure or fulfillment, for validation, security, or love, while they have a treasure within that not only includes all those things but is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.

The word enlightenment conjures up the idea of some super- human accomplishment, and the ego likes to keep it that way, but it is simply your natural state of felt oneness with Being. It is a state of connectedness with something immeasurable and indestructible, something that, almost paradoxically, is essentially you and yet is much greater than you. It is finding your true nature beyond name and form. The inability to feel this connectedness gives rise to the illusion of separation, from yourself and from the world around you. You then perceive yourself, consciously or unconsciously, as an isolated fragment. Fear arises, and conflict within and without becomes the norm.

I love the Buddha's simple definition of enlightenment as "the end of suffering." There is nothing superhuman in that, is there? Of course, as a definition, it is incomplete. It only tells you what enlightenment is not: no suffering. But what's left when there is no more suffering? The Buddha is silent on that, and his silence implies that you'll have to find out for yourself. He uses a negative definition so that the mind cannot make it into something to believe in or into a superhuman accomplishment, a goal that is impossible for you to attain. Despite this precaution, the majority of Buddhists still believe that enlightenment is for the Buddha, not for them, at least not in this lifetime.

You used the word Being. Can you explain what you mean by that?

Being is the eternal, ever-present One Life beyond the myriad forms of life that are subject to birth and death. However, Being is not only beyond but also deep within every form as its innermost invisible and indestructible essence. This means that it is accessible to you now as your own deepest self, your true nature. But don't seek to grasp it with your mind. Don't try to understand it. You can know it only when the mind is still. When you are present, when your attention is fully and intensely in the Now, Being can be felt, but it can never be understood mentally. To regain awareness of Being and to abide in that state of "feeling-realization" is enlightenment.

When you say Being, are you talking about God? If you are, then why don't you say it?

More here:
http://www.theinfovault.net/vault/spirituality/youarenotyourmind.html

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: