Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
April 19, 2024, 09:17:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Serenity.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serenity.  (Read 475 times)
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 03:10:34 pm »

I used to suffer a lot of torments and that wasn't so long ago. I had a terrible temper, so bad I simply can not describe it to you fair folk. My out bursts were followed by an unbearable guilt and I'd spiral downward into the abysmal shadow of depression.

That was then.

I must've hit the rock bottom of despair at some time, I don't know exactly when, and something in me changed. Very suddenly, about four years ago, I just stopped drinking alcohol, my mind had turned around. I was addicted to drugs until a few months ago but I stopped taking them too. I intend to give up the cigs now and I am confident I will.

This is now.

I have explored deeper into my mind and soul just by quietly observing my inner self. I just close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing until I feel very relaxed, then I quietly observe what is 'inside' of me and let my thoughts go quiet. I have discovered by this gentle exploration that I have inside of me a deeper place which is always completely serene, and now when very difficult emotional times arise I can feel that place is ever present, and I know I can always revisit it.

I know all people have that quiet serenity deep inside them - everybody does.

We all have the deepest serenity.

It isn't hard to find.

Smiley

Hey Bugeye

Thank you for being open here my love.........it can take courage more than we know to open up sometimes .............

Medusa
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: