Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 29, 2024, 08:48:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Keeping A Gratitude Journal?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeping A Gratitude Journal?  (Read 291 times)
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 04:04:45 am »

Hello Traveller & Candlelight

Glad I could help guys..................

Its something I have been doing for yrs, I put my own personnel thoughts and feeling in it also.............

What is happening to me and everything !

Medusa
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
candlelight
Spirit....

Spot on?: 5

ti amo

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 12:53:04 am »

Smiley  excellent idea traveller and well done mesussa.. thats neat.. to keep it going..  Smiley Smiley Smiley

❀¸.•*¨ƸӜƷ
✿¸ LOVE
( `❀.¸ and
`✿.¸ )¸¸ PEACE
¸.❀´¸.✿*´¨) ¸.❀*¨)
(¸.✿´ (¸.❀` *(`'✿.¸¸.✿'´

Love is the answer...................now, what was the question??

http://cottagereiki.blogspot.com/
Traveller
Spirit..

Spot on?: 3

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 11:58:47 pm »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated.

Thanks also for those instructions, Medusa, it broadens my plans a bit. I have a diary I've been writing in since 2004 so think I'll write an entry in that each day for gratitude Smiley

I definitely think a thread here is also a good idea, Eugene.
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 01:31:07 pm »

Hi Guys 7 girls

I have keep a personnel dairy (gratitude journal) for yrs and yrs .................

Think I'm on 12 folder by now, its more like a biography than anything, as I start right from the start, when I was born etc !

Found this as well.....................

To help anyone out on their way !

How to Keep a Gratitude Journal

A gratitude journal is a way to consciously call attention to the things for which we are thankful each day. By focusing on gratitude, we become aware of those things and thus create a shift in our thinking to the positive. The following suggestions can help start a gratitude journal and a whole new outlook on life.

Instructions

Step 1

Choose a blank notebook or journal to write in every night. Consider a spiral-bound journal that opens flat for ease in writing. Select lined or unlined paper. Keep this notebook next to the bed with a pen readily available.

Step 2

Look for things during the day for which you are grateful. Make mental notes throughout the day. Notice how the gratitude journal shifts the focus to a more positive outlook.

Step 3

Write five thing you're grateful for each night before bedtime. Review the day and include anything, however small or great, that was a source of gratitude that day, e.g., a baby's smile, a flower in bloom, or the smell of a newly cut lawn. Make the list personal. Write a few words about the five benefits or blessings. Be brief and increase the length as time progresses.

Step 4

Begin looking everyday for the positive angle in all things. View obstacles as opportunities to appreciate.

Step 5

Focus on the wonderful things in life to attract similar encounters in the course of the day. Use positive energy as a magnet to draw even more positive energy. Note these attractions in the gratitude journal.

Step 6

Personalize the gratitude journal. Expand it with clippings, photos, quotes or verses from magazines or other sources.

This is a good site I found, with easy helpful hints  angel

Medusa

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
candlelight
Spirit....

Spot on?: 5

ti amo

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 10:47:34 am »

Smiley  yes its a fabulous idea.. i have done one in the past.. not as many as ten..things..just random positives.. it does make you pay attention.. ansd there are things that sneek in that you easily forget..so great idea, thanks for the reminder  Smitten Smitten Smitten

❀¸.•*¨ƸӜƷ
✿¸ LOVE
( `❀.¸ and
`✿.¸ )¸¸ PEACE
¸.❀´¸.✿*´¨) ¸.❀*¨)
(¸.✿´ (¸.❀` *(`'✿.¸¸.✿'´

Love is the answer...................now, what was the question??

http://cottagereiki.blogspot.com/
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

Check out my new website.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 06:18:57 am »

I keep telling myself to do one. And a dream journal.

But I am too lazy. When I wake like now in the winter. I jump out of bed and before I cool down I quickly don a kaftan. Then I visit the bathroom quickly. After that it's push ups and sit ups and then stretches. Then I make my bed and get back on it cross legged on a pillow. I do some EFT tapping  then some distant healing and I do a meditation, normally manifestation/healing  meditation. Sometimes I do Tarot and angel cards for myself  after that. Then I do teeth, shave and shower and after that I get into my oiffice.

This can take up to two hours  sometimes so I feel writing in a journal will just take more time.

But I think it will be excellent if we can have a daily grattitude thread here like the one throng had on SF. Just saying you know. Wink Not hinting or anything. Lips Sealed

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
PrincessTiff
Spirit..

Spot on?: 2

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 06:02:12 am »

No, I don't use one. I've never heard of them, but it sounds like a brilliant idea! Thanks for the idea, Traveller. I believe if everyone took a moment in their day to say out loud just ONE thing they're grateful for in their lives, the world would be a happier place.  Smitten

For those who don't believe, there is no proof possible; for those who do believe, there is no proof necessary.
Traveller
Spirit..

Spot on?: 3

« on: July 08, 2009, 05:24:08 am »

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if any of you have a gratitude journal.

My Mum first told me about the concept of writing 10 things you were greatful down each day, and I have to say I think it's a great idea.  Coolsmiley and I've half a mind to take it up.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the concept.If you do use one, does it help you stay focused on the positives in your life and bring a greater sense of contentment?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: