Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 29, 2024, 05:13:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

RE: status removal

Poll
Question: Do you want a title (based on postcount)?
YES - 4 (36.4%)
NO - 4 (36.4%)
Happy Medium Alternative - 3 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RE: status removal  (Read 2365 times)
Deveswar
Spirit...

Spot on?: 7

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 04:04:26 am »

Great suggestion Sheppard,

i think it is good to express what people felt.
i am for the removal of such reward systems. anybody want to know about the author, they can go to the profile and find out.

my vote for the removal of reward systems

deveswar 
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

"True teachers are few and pretenders abound."
harryhoudini
Spirit....

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 03:43:02 am »

It also harks back to spiritual forums which if this is going to be the same then whats the point of being here as well?

i think its a million miles away from spiritual forums with far more varied topics and a lot more closeness betwen the members.............[/b]
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 03:38:55 am »

True.

I don't think its a big thing Ann. I mean I dont think its really something that sticks sideways in a mans ego but it is worth mentioning. If you keep in mind that this is public and you get all kinds, then someone is bound to come up with something you never thought about.

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Shepherd
Spirit.

Spot on?: 3

Remember who you really are

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 03:24:37 am »

thought everything was fine  Coolsmiley but there is always one that puts a spanner in the works  buck2

Little things like this don't bother me and to tell you the truth I didn''t even notice the tittles  Huh? uglustupid2 but
If we are going to be this petty   Sad does it even matter how many posts we have done also

I thinks thats unfair to say about this being petty since this is a suggestion thread and I suggested something about status's which i my view isnt necessary and is just confusing for new members. It also harks back to spiritual forums which if this is going to be the same then whats the point of being here as well?

The whole point to a suggestion thread is for suggestions to help evolve the site and make it more user friendly.  If suggestions are going to be called petty then thats not going to quite help is it.  buck2

« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 03:29:49 am by Shepherd » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

I am loving this experience as there is nothing I have to do.
I am free.
harryhoudini
Spirit....

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 03:10:33 am »

I thought everything was fine   but there is always one that puts a spanner in the works

same here i thought we were trotting along pretty fine as we was........but seems not......why change when change is not needed......[/b]
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 01:58:05 am »

Ok I made it easy.

Every member has TWO votes and you may change your votes afterwards as the conversation continues and more things come to light.

I set it up so we go through the Hierarchy in short space and then we are all the same  Grin That way we can still filter out new people.

We often think the world thinks like us when they don't. There are the ateitst and theorists and the debunkers and "faith stealers." I like to think that the titles matter more to the less self actualized people and thus it will influence them to behave while they get the feel of our "house"

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
harryhoudini
Spirit....

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 01:50:00 am »

One thing I would love to see removed is the status given to people who take time to post a lot

if people didnt take time to post , it would be just another stagnent forum going no where.........................[/b]
bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 01:37:07 am »

Just call them staff so members can see.

Hahaha!!
I agree with you Shepherd. To me it does not matter tand thats why I have them there. Mainly because I think other people want them there.

I also changed the titles of Staff because people often live up to their roles. (Stanford Prison experiment) So I figured if titles are important to people I will use other ones.

On the other hand when you deal with some childish poster you might want to see their history to get some background. An old poster might be having a bad day and its forgivable. You will only know that when you can see his history.

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,83.0.html
Shepherd
Spirit.

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 01:36:55 am »

I agree Bugeye that staff titles are needed to distinguish between members and and staff etc and as Eugene points out the stanford experiment shows titles do matter.

Princess Tiff makes a good point that people basically could post a load of old childish rubbish and end up with a label of experiencer or even sage which isnt an accurate title at all and could confuse new members.

Its lovely to be on this site because it is different from spiritual forums but it would be good if this sort of stuff could be left behind as it made no sense in the first place.

Maybe a poll to see who wants them?

I am free.
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 01:30:29 am »

Oh BTW in a very short time we are all sages LOL. And we remain that way. surfing

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 01:28:59 am »

Hahaha!!
I agree with you Shepherd. To me it does not matter tand thats why I have them there. Mainly because I think other people want them there.

I also changed the titles of Staff because people often live up to their roles. (Stanford Prison experiment) So I figured if titles are important to people I will use other ones.

On the other hand when you deal with some childish poster you might want to see their history to get some background. An old poster might be having a bad day and its forgivable. You will only know that when you can see his history.

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 11:40:52 pm »

Thanks Guys,

I think titles such as 'Founder', 'Administrator', 'Moderater' and 'Member' are needed and the number of posts they have made should be listed, but 'experiencer' etc isn't necessary.

Smiley

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,83.0.html
PrincessTiff
Spirit..

Spot on?: 2

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 08:17:44 pm »

I agree. I don't mind the labels as I don't pay too much attention to them, and I don't believe them to be accurate. If someone posts 50 posts just saying "hello" or asking questions or whatever instead of giving answers, how can they be experienced?

If we are going to have statuses (is that a word..?), then they should be based on something other than the amount of posts we make.

Just my thoughts lol...

Love,
Tiff xxxx

For those who don't believe, there is no proof possible; for those who do believe, there is no proof necessary.
Shepherd
Spirit.

« on: July 15, 2009, 04:17:44 pm »

One thing I would love to see removed is the status given to people who take time to post a lot and which also copies the spiritual forums.

seeker, experiencer etc.  it just looks odd and I think just putting up how many posts is enough really.

No-one likes to be labelled as such due to time putting up posts and it would be good to move away from ego based tags or reward systems  Shocked

anyone else agree?

I am free.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: