Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 28, 2024, 08:05:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

RE: status removal

Poll
Question: Do you want a title (based on postcount)?
YES - 4 (36.4%)
NO - 4 (36.4%)
Happy Medium Alternative - 3 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RE: status removal  (Read 2346 times)
Traveller
Spirit..

Spot on?: 3

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2009, 01:04:15 am »

Hi Bugeye, Lynn and all,

Just another point here that Bugeye brought up, I do find that a ranking system does inspire people to post Smiley and keeps the forum active.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Lynn
Spirit.

Spot on?: 2

The Black Knight of Whitehall

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 11:07:12 pm »

Well hello Mr Head Cheese Bugeye (Sir)

Ok so ye are not the "child" I first called ye ha ha.  I just like to be one that know's who one goes to if one gets and "off" PM.  I have had some really sick one's on other sites.  I be wary of sites.  I now Mr E66 from another place so I feel safe here.  Being empthic I be very wary at times.

Too I not be one to complain unless I fear that other's might be harmed. I know the way I talk be open season at times to one's and I be fine there, it is me take me or leave me matters really little to me. 

Lynn

Past the Corridor of Fire
Through the Doors of Mist
Into the Tomb of Mirrors
Ever watching
Armor of Darkness
And in his left hand
The Sword of Dusk
And in his right
The Shield of Dawn
Through shadowed eyes in a dark helm
He will watch over the Soul of Light
bugeye
Spirit...

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 10:11:45 pm »

I visit SF, Philosophy forums and a couple of math/science ones.They have ranking systems.

The best one is the Philosophy forum where you can havr a rank assigned or choose your own title. I'm esteemed as "Profester" on philosophy forum Heheheheh.

May be we could just rank ourselves if we wish - some very funny ranks there at PF.

Profester BugEye

All the forums I visit have a ranking system - why do you think that is?

How is the ranking measured on these other forums?  ( i checked out 6 other forums just now and only 2 have ranking labels )

Does anyone think that the more posts they deliver then they should be rewarded with labels which depict levels of wisdom?

If the poll says that they do then fair enough  Tongue

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,83.0.html
Shepherd
Spirit.

Remember who you really are

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 02:05:54 pm »

How is the ranking measured on these other forums?  ( i checked out 6 other forums just now and only 2 have ranking labels )

Does anyone think that the more posts they deliver then they should be rewarded with labels which depict levels of wisdom?

If the poll says that they do then fair enough  Tongue
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 02:11:23 pm by Shepherd » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

I am loving this experience as there is nothing I have to do.
I am free.
bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 12:03:46 pm »

Not particularly fussed about the rank and file. I remember when I first joined forums I was pleasently surprised to find I was given a new title.

I only think it is important to say who is admin, mod or staff, so members can easily see.

So I'm in favour of ranking, because it might inspire people to post more,

Hi Bugeye, I must admit I dont know anyone who has added more posts to just get a better status. Wouldnt that just get people creatings posts just for the sake of it which just means the quality of posts go down??  I would def stop all notifications on a thread if that were the case as people would just put OK..I AGREE.. or some other short term which would add to their numbers.  I like notifications because they may be of interest that someone has put up a valuable comment to the topic.

Do members need a reward system for posting??  Personally I doubt it, but thats just me. 

A system which rewards people for posting lots on the site with statuses which imply greater spiritual wisdom doesnt make sense. 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 12:05:30 pm by bugeye » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

Shepherd
Spirit.

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 11:10:07 am »

So I'm in favour of ranking, because it might inspire people to post more,

Hi Bugeye, I must admit I dont know anyone who has added more posts to just get a better status. Wouldnt that just get people creatings posts just for the sake of it which just means the quality of posts go down??  I would def stop all notifications on a thread if that were the case as people would just put OK..I AGREE.. or some other short term which would add to their numbers.  I like notifications because they may be of interest that someone has put up a valuable comment to the topic.

Do members need a reward system for posting??  Personally I doubt it, but thats just me. 

A system which rewards people for posting lots on the site with statuses which imply greater spiritual wisdom doesnt make sense. 

I am free.
bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 10:55:55 am »

It's Mr. Cheese Head please. Heheheheheh.

I was just reflecting on my days studying martial arts. We has the Dans and blackbelts in the first row then red, blue, green, yellow etc so the beginners were at the back of the class.

The thing is, the next belt up inspired us to train harder and a sence of acheivment was felt as we obtained the goal.

There was a rank system but not a power based status quo, for the grand master himself would address a white belt as 'sir'.

If the system of rank inspires members to post, I'm all for it. There is no problem with 'status quo' because all are equal people.

So I'm in favour of ranking, because it might inspire people to post more, and personally I just consider all people equal so have no issue with 'rank and power'.

Smiley

Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 03:36:05 am »

The head cheese is Bugeye.  Grin

Sorry we only have one. We must get more. Anyone up for becomming a members guide?

In the meantime I need more voters. I think I will let this thing run a bit before I change anythting in the titles. Right now I think I must speed it up. Thus for arguments sake say you can work yourself up from new to the ultimate title in 200 posts and after that we all have the same title.So grand guides and super grand guides are out. But that is NOW.

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 02:58:32 am »

Hello

I only really care whom the "Head Cheese " be really if I have a complaint I like to start at the top and work me way down.

Oh that sounds so off..... ha ha.

Lynn

Hi Lynn

No it didn't sound "so off" hun I agree with that statement as well

Medusa
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 03:01:23 am by medusa » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
harryhoudini
Spirit....

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 01:10:34 am »

the yes vote was 2 yesterday............
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 01:12:17 am by harryhoudini » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Lynn
Spirit.

Spot on?: 2

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 10:35:21 pm »

Hello

I only really care whom the "Head Cheese " be really if I have a complaint I like to start at the top and work me way down.

Oh that sounds so off..... ha ha.

Lynn

Past the Corridor of Fire
Through the Doors of Mist
Into the Tomb of Mirrors
Ever watching
Armor of Darkness
And in his left hand
The Sword of Dusk
And in his right
The Shield of Dawn
Through shadowed eyes in a dark helm
He will watch over the Soul of Light
Traveller
Spirit..

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 09:00:07 pm »

I also agree with Bugeye. I think it is good to distinguish between administration / staff, moderators and members, but I don't think we need the experiencer, student, and so forth. I really did not mind them, either, though, so can take it or leave it.

Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 03:21:32 pm »

I must say I felt the same as Eugene when I read back through all the posts on here just now...............

It was nice to feel as though you are being appreciated sometimes .......................

All the staff and members here are very much like a family................that just keeps ongoing...............

Whenever someone new joins I do try and say "Welcome to the family" or words to that effect .........

As for the titles.........................mmmmmmmm

Medusa

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 07:12:33 am »

It's heartwarming to read your comments about this Forum. Thank you. Smitten

I do think with less pressure from the rules department people feel more free to be themselves and in being themselves an intimacy develops. A closeness that you cannot have when you are pretentious because the rules demand that. People begin to wonder if the frienlyness they receive from fellow members are really sincere or whether it is because the rules demand it.

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Shepherd
Spirit.

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 04:59:32 am »

I like the energy here better than spiritual forum- and I haven't been  back there  Angry

there was to much nit picking and back stabing and I thought this would be different

Well they do say " be the change you wish to see in the world " as it really does start at home.  Afro

The site is much easier on the eye and with suggestions coming from new users like myself or regular members the site can keep on evolving.  With more members coming on board its also a good idea to monitor your own expectations before voicing disappointment at how people conduct themselves.  I remember one site where there was a holier than thou attitude with very regimented rules and beliefs which just meant people were ostracised or criticized for apparently breaking boundaries. Which created a false, stuffy place where passion and interest were often mistaken for rudeness and it would be a shame for that to happen here. 

Spirituality in my eyes is about unlimited freedom.  The problem isnt what happens on the site with members...its how we percieve what they did in our heads.

I am free.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: