Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 29, 2024, 09:41:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Cat Trivia

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cat Trivia  (Read 79 times)
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

Check out my new website.

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 07:12:21 am »

Cheesy Weirdos.

Interesting thing though. If I have to choose between a cat lover and a dog lover as the only data I have for a partner ill take the cat lover anyday. I do believe they are more unconditional with others because cats will not be conttrolled.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
harryhoudini
Spirit....

Spot on?: 4

« on: July 16, 2009, 03:47:00 am »

~ The most popular names for American cats in 1981 were Tiger and Samantha.
~ An Austrailian man who hated cats coming in to his garden set a trap for them ~ a sardine can wired up to the mains. His plan backfired, however, when he electrocuted himself.
~ Marie Curie's cat, Tabitha, was poisoned by acid when she crept into a cupboard in which an experiment was being housed.
~ In Romford Greyhound Stadium in 1937, an attempt was made to stage a cheetah race. Alas, the cheetahs thought that running after a hare was beneath them so the punters lost their money.
~ A society to improve the moral and mental faculties of the domestic cat was founded in Belguim in 1877.
~ American cat lover Governor Pinchot sentenced the dog who killed his cat to life imprisonment. The dog served six years.
~ Winston Chirchill, Raymond Chandler and Samuel johnson were all cat lovers.
~ There was no such thing as a stray cat in ancient Egypt. All cats were fed and cared for.
~ The oldest cat ever recorded lived to the age of thirty-six.
~ President Eisenhower hated cats so much that he ordered any trespassing on his property to be shot.
~ During the restoration of St. Michael's Paternoster, a church built by Dick Whittington, workmen found a mummified cat.
~ In 1890, 180,000 mummified Egyptian cats were sold to a company to make fertilizer.
~ A Siamese cat survived a thirty-two day trip in the hold of an aeroplane that had literally taken her around the world.
~ The poet Shelley hated cats. He once tied one to the kite he was flying in a thunderstorm in the hope of electrocuting him.
~ The first version of Cat People, made in 1942, revolutionized horror movies by relying on suspence to terrorize the audience; it was the first monster movie in which the monster was not actually seen.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: