Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
April 18, 2024, 11:17:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Britain's Spookiest Building ?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Britain's Spookiest Building ?  (Read 120 times)
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 02:47:27 pm »

i cant find any further aticles on google to see how they have got on with the renevation.........

Will try again to have another look baby....................

As I would also like to know what has happened since this piece came out ?

Medusa
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

Check out my new website.

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 10:38:50 am »

Hmm I would also want to stay there. Beautiful landscape. Smiley

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
harryhoudini
Spirit....

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 02:48:42 am »

i cant find any further aticles on google to see how they have got on with the renevation.........
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« on: June 15, 2009, 03:59:16 am »

This was in a newspaper article a few yrs ago, although I have found lots of info about the place sadly havent found anything to say if they did finish the place ?

One of Britain's spookiest building projects is about to get under way. Property owner Andrew Taylor plans to renovate a "ghost-filled" house on the Shetland isle of Yell.

The castellated Windhouse, which has been derelict since the 1920s, is reputedly one of the most haunted homes in the country.

The ghostly goings-on are attributed to the presence of an ancient graveyard under the original structure.

Spectral occupants are said to include a servant girl who mounts invisible steps, a man in a top hat, and a ghost dog.
There is also reputed to be a lady dressed in silk, who is believed to be the spirit of a woman whose skeleton was discovered under the floorboards of the main stairs when earlier renovations were carried out.
The ghostly throng is rumoured to have sent the building's last living occupant fleeing in terror.

'Not bothered'
But Mr Taylor, 40, and his partner Caron Reeves, 38, are willing to share their property with a few phantoms.
The couple, who come from Cheshire, discovered Windhouse on the internet and bought it as an investment.
"When we saw the house, it was such a lovely day it never occurred to us that it may be haunted," Mr Taylor said.
It is only since we bought the place, that we have learned about its past. "Caron believes in all that kind of stuff, but I'm not really bothered by ghosts.
"We just hope to make a good job of renovating it and to move in a few years time when it is finished."

Relocated
The original house was built in 1707 but was moved away from an ancient burial site in the 19th century.
The building requires major structural repair, which will take several years to complete.
The couple, who love the outdoor life, say they are looking forward to enjoying the area's natural beauty.
The house is located beside RSPB Scotland's Lumbister Reserve, and surrounded by internationally important wildlife.

"I've always enjoyed the great outdoors," Mr Taylor said.
"This house will not only allow us to enjoy a more peaceful existence away from the racket of the city, but allow us to observe wildlife and conservation first hand.
"I don't think you could ask for a better location than on a nature reserve.
"We're not worried about the stories of hauntings either.
"If there are ghosts there, I can see why they don't want to leave."

Mystery remains
RSPB Scotland's Land Agent Robbin Mitchell said: "People have used the site where the house now sits for more than 5,000 years.
"That's plenty of time for these kind of stories to generate, but the truth behind these tales remains a mystery.
"However, there are plenty of people who are 100% convinced about the haunting of the old place."

(another article about the place)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2742611.stm

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: