Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 28, 2024, 01:57:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

"Field of Dreams"

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Field of Dreams"  (Read 199 times)
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 09:48:29 am »

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yes wicked series darlin..............................
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

Check out my new website.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 08:49:11 am »

Medusa what about The Outer Limits? uglustupid2 mphuhuhahahaha!!!

I saw The watchers last night and I so agreed and associated with this one blue caracter. Some Physisist Doctor who became God like.

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 07:54:55 am »

OMG! I loooove that movie!!!

"Build it and they will come" this was one of the first movies I ever cried in. I'm going to watch it this weekend!!!

My friends got it and watches it over and over again !@

I managed once and that was enough hun................

I'm more into horror and thrillers myself now !

heheehehehhehe

Medusa

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
PrincessTiff
Spirit..

Spot on?: 2

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 07:12:08 am »

OMG! I loooove that movie!!!

"Build it and they will come" this was one of the first movies I ever cried in. I'm going to watch it this weekend!!!

For those who don't believe, there is no proof possible; for those who do believe, there is no proof necessary.
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

« on: July 28, 2009, 05:07:25 am »

"Field of Dreams" 1989

I only saw this film for the first time last yr, although its been out for a while !

Was even more surprised when I saw that it was "Kevin Costner" as it wasn't one of his usual film, you'd expect to see him in .......................

Field of Dreams is a 1989 American fantasy/drama film, directed and adapted by Phil Alden Robinson from the novel Shoeless Joe by W. P. Kinsella. The movie stars Kevin Costner, Amy Madigan, Gaby Hoffmann, Ray Liotta, Timothy Busfield, James Earl Jones, Frank Whaley, and Burt Lancaster in his last film appearance.

Field of Dreams was nominated for Academy Awards for Best Music, Original Score, Best Picture and Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium.

Ray Kinsella (Kevin Costner) is a novice farmer who lives in rural Iowa with his wife, Annie (Amy Madigan), and their young daughter Karin (Gaby Hoffmann).

While walking through his cornfield, Ray hears a voice whisper, "If you build it, he will come", and sees a vision of a baseball field. Believing he is somehow being asked to build it, and fearing he is in danger of "turning into" his father—whom he resented for his lack of spontaneity—Ray strongly wishes to do so. Although skeptical, Annie is supportive. Watched by incredulous neighbours, Ray plows under his corn and builds the field. A year passes without incident.

Ray and Annie are eventually forced to consider replacing the field with corn to stay financially solvent. At this point Karin spots a man on the ballfield who Ray discovers is Shoeless Joe Jackson, a baseball player idolized by his father. Joe is thrilled to be able to play baseball again and asks to bring others with him to the field. He later returns with the seven other players banned in the 1919 Black Sox scandal, emerging from the corn by the outfield.

Soon after, Ray is told by his brother-in-law Mark (Timothy Busfield)—who cannot see the players—that he will go bankrupt unless he replants the crop. Ray later hears the voice say "ease his pain." After attending a PTA Meeting which involves a heated discussion over the books of 1960s author and activist Terence Mann (James Earl Jones), Ray decides the voice is referring to Mann who has since become a recluse. Mann wrote that as a child he dreamed of seeing the Dodgers play on Ebbets Field but was never able to. Although reluctant for another expensive flight of fancy, Annie agrees for Ray to find the author in Boston, after they share a dream of the two men watching a baseball game together.

Although Mann rebuffs Ray's initial approaches, Ray eventually persuades him to attend a baseball game at Fenway Park. Ray hears the voice again, which urges him to "go the distance," and sees a statistic for a 1920s ballplayer named Archibald "Moonlight" Graham (Burt Lancaster), who played one major league game but never batted. Terence initially claims ignorance, but admits sharing the experience when Ray is about to leave. The two then travel to Minnesota to find Graham.

Arriving at Chisholm, the pair discover that Graham died 16 years ago and so they return, confused, to their motel. That night, while out walking, Ray is somehow transported to 1972, the year of Graham's death. Ray quickly finds him, and the two talk about Graham's quitting baseball. Although he stands by his decision, Graham says he still dreams of playing baseball. Ray offers to fulfill his dream, but Graham declines and Ray returns to the present.

Ray then returns, with Terence, to Iowa. On their way they pick up a young hitchhiker, who introduces himself as Archie Graham (Frank Whaley)—the young "Moonlight" Graham. At the farm, enough players have now appeared to play regular games. Graham joins the other players, who tease him for his youth and enthusiasm. He finally gets a chance to bat, hitting a sacrifice fly.

Mark—still unable to see the baseball players—arrives at the farm to try to convince Ray to sell, as he and his partners have bought the mortgage. Karin says Ray doesn't have to sell the farm, saying "people will come" and pay to watch the ball games. Picking up the thread, Terence Mann says "people will come" to relive their childhood innocence, "for it's money they have, and peace they lack." After some hesitation, Ray refuses to sell.

A frustrated Mark scuffles with Ray, and they accidentally knock Karin off the bleachers. She lies on the ground, unconscious and not breathing. "Moonlight" Graham runs over and, after a moment's hesitation, crosses the field boundary, instantly becoming the old "Doc" Graham. He quickly recognizes that Karin is choking, and causes her to cough up the food blocking her throat. Ray realizes that Graham has sacrificed his youthful form and cannot return to the field as a player, and apologizes profusely. After reassuring Ray, Graham walks to the outfield, exchanging respectful words with the players before disappearing into the corn. The subdued Mark—finally able to see the players—urges Ray not to sell the farm.

As the players return to the cornfield, Joe invites Terence to join them. Ray is angry at not being invited, but Terence admits to giving the nostalgic interview about Ebbets Field (which he had previously denied), and realizes that this is how he can regain his youthful passion for writing, and convinces Ray to stay behind to take care of his family. He approaches the corn and chuckles as he walks into the stalks and disappears.

Shoeless Joe then says to Ray, "If you build it, HE will come", and glances toward a player near home plate in catcher's equipment. The player removes his mask, and Ray recognizes his father as a young man. Ray assumes the voice was Joe's, but Joe assures him, "No, Ray, it was you," before walking away into the corn.

Ray introduces his father to Karin, catching himself before telling Karin who he is, and introducing him simply as "John". After a brief exchange, his father heads toward the outfield to leave. Ray, finally and emotionally addressing him as "Dad", asks if he would like to have a catch. As they do, the view pulls back to reveal a trail of car headlights approaching the field, extending to the horizon.

Well worth a look if you get the chance  Afro

Medusa

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097351/
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 05:09:09 am by Medusa » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: