Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
April 20, 2024, 08:41:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Doppelganger ?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doppelganger ?  (Read 265 times)
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 04:20:02 am »

Hahaha!! Glad you caught on Ann

I have never heard of this phenomena really. I know the double concept but the story about bad omens? I don't know.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
candlelight
Spirit....

Spot on?: 5

ti amo

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 10:12:54 am »

Smiley  i think its a fabulous word..

I havent met mine yet... Huh?

i will keep a look out.. hehe

DON"T Candlelight

In some traditions, seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death. A doppelgänger seen by friends or relatives of a person may sometimes bring bad luck, or indicate an approaching illness or health problem.

fair enough medusa.. wont be on the look out then.... cancel those thoughts pronto.. thanks (((( medusa)))) xxxx

❀¸.•*¨ƸӜƷ
✿¸ LOVE
( `❀.¸ and
`✿.¸ )¸¸ PEACE
¸.❀´¸.✿*´¨) ¸.❀*¨)
(¸.✿´ (¸.❀` *(`'✿.¸¸.✿'´

Love is the answer...................now, what was the question??

http://cottagereiki.blogspot.com/
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 02:31:38 am »

I see mine in the mirror all the time. He is getting old and he needs to lose a few extra pounds. Grin  It must be him because I dont feel the way he looks. Grin

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
gryffen
Spirit.

Spot on?: 0

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 01:19:16 pm »

Haven't met mine yet - but i have met AND followed Paul's round Tesco's one day!!

Quite happily doing the shopping, Paul popped to get dog food and i thought i had spotted him further up, followed him for about 5 mins and then he turned around. Now Paul had just finished work and his work shirt is blue, the guy i was following was in same shirt colour and trousers and same goatee and glasses - EXACT same build as Paul too.

His eyes were brown!!!

I was like WTHF?Huh??

His face was a duplicate of Paul - i actually asked mum in law if paul had a twin - she said no!!

Freaked the hell out of me - we keep seeing him and paul sticks to me like glue lol

Oh - i do remember that my old college lecturer spotted my lookalike a few years ago at Costco!

She said i was walking with a man across the road and she honked the horn and waved at her - she stuck the birdy up at her - she asked me about it in class - i was mortified but told her was not me by a long shot lol

OMG - evil duplicates of me and Paul!!!!!

Lo there do I see my father, Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live...forever.
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 08:17:14 am »

DON"T Candlelight

In some traditions, seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death. A doppelgänger seen by friends or relatives of a person may sometimes bring bad luck, or indicate an approaching illness or health problem.

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
harryhoudini
Spirit....

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 03:34:06 am »

I certainly believe in Doppelgangers , our and others doubles roaming around.............
The Universeable
Spirit..

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 12:45:47 pm »

I've seen too many cases of this for it not to be true.  Smiley
candlelight
Spirit....

Spot on?: 5

ti amo

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 06:53:53 am »

❀¸.•*¨ƸӜƷ
✿¸ LOVE
( `❀.¸ and
`✿.¸ )¸¸ PEACE
¸.❀´¸.✿*´¨) ¸.❀*¨)
(¸.✿´ (¸.❀` *(`'✿.¸¸.✿'´

Love is the answer...................now, what was the question??

http://cottagereiki.blogspot.com/
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« on: July 31, 2009, 06:18:38 am »

DOPPELGANGER

Strange word, love the way it roll's of the tongue as well !

A doppelganger is the ghostly or in some cases, a physical double of a living person. The word doppelganger is a loanword from German, written there (as any noun) with an initial capital letter Doppelgänger, composed from doppel, meaning "double", and gänger, as "walker". In English, the word is conventionally not capitalized, and it is also common to drop the German diacritic umlaut on the letter "a" and write "doppelganger", although the correct spelling without umlaut would be "doppelgaenger".
The term has, in the vernacular, come to refer to any double or look-alike of a person, most commonly in reference to a so-called evil twin, or to bilocation. Alternatively, the word is used to describe a phenomenon where you catch your own image out of the corner of your eye. In some traditions, seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death. A doppelgänger seen by friends or relatives of a person may sometimes bring bad luck, or indicate an approaching illness or health problem.
The doppelgängers of folklore cast no shadow, and have no reflection in a mirror or in water. They are supposed to provide advice to the person they shadow, but this advice can be misleading or malicious. They can also, in rare instances, plant ideas in their victim's mind or appear before friends and relatives, causing confusion. In many cases once someone has viewed his own doppelgänger he is doomed to be haunted by images of his ghostly counter-part. Other folklore says that when a person's dopplegänger is seen, the person him/herself will die shortly. It is considered unlucky to try to communicate with such a doppleganger.
Famous Reports of the Doppelganger Phenomenon

* Emilie Sagée was a schoolteacher in the nineteenth century whose doppelgänger's public appearances were recorded by Robert Dale Owen after being reported to him by Julie von Güldenstubbe.
    * Guy de Maupassant recorded his own doppelgänger experiences in his story Lui ( The light continent). It is sometimes claimed that Percy Bysshe Shelley, English atheist and poet, met his doppelgänger foreboding his own death. However, Shelley met this "doppelgänger" in a dream, not in real life.
    * John Donne, the English metaphysical poet, apparently met his wife's doppelgänger in Paris, foreboding the death of his yet unborn daughter.
    * Abraham Lincoln told his wife that he saw two faces of himself in a mirror soon after being elected president, one deathly pale. His wife believed this to mean he would be elected to a second term but would not survive (Sandburg, 195).
    * Rosalyn Greene claims that the doppelgänger phenomenon, via bilocation, is responsible for reports of werewolves and other shapeshifters.
    * Richard Rossi, the maverick minister and Hollywood filmmaker, allegedly told police a man who resembled him attacked his wife. According to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, he allegedly speculated the mysterious incident was a Satanic counterattack because of his work as an exorcist. Rossi stood trial for the assault, resulting in a hung jury, partially because both Rossi's wife and an eyewitness named John Fair confirmed the story.
    * Gustav Weler was a double of Adolf Hitler

Doppelgängers appear in a variety of science fiction and fantasy works, in which they are a type of shapeshifter that mimics a particular person or species for some typically nefarious reason. A temporal doppelgänger is any version of oneself one may meet during time travel. It is an exact likeness of one at a specific time in one's history (or future). Meetings with oneself may occur when one version of oneself travels backwards through the timestream and encounters a younger version of oneself, or when two or more of the same person from different timestreams travel to the same moment in their futures.

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: