Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 29, 2024, 03:30:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Holy Guardian Angel

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Holy Guardian Angel  (Read 612 times)
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 04:47:58 pm »

Seems like you had some scary creations in your experience.

The way I have it is thus.

When we created the universe to play in we also created stewards to take care of it and to come help us out when we call on them from withing our "unaware" reality. Thoise are the angels.

But then I also belive that we all create what we believe, especially in the astral plane. So if you found Angels to appear demonlike I would have to agree with you there too because you will create them as you understand them to be.

God for example is everyones image of life. The attributes and features of God will be as many as there are observers who wish to define it.

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Frater A.S.
Welcome New spirit

Spot on?: 1

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 12:53:29 pm »

Heya Eugene66

I have to say my experiences with Angels are rather different they don't particularly like Humans we are below them on the general hierarchy of things. I also have to say they are frigging terrifying beings, and they are no ones errand boys to quote a friend of mines.

As for the HGA protecting you in times of need, unless you have achieved all you need achieve and learn  in this life time, i guess the HGA will save you. But then again im not so sure i want to put that to the test.

Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 03:17:38 am »

Hello Frater  Grin

Welcome to our Forums.

I do believe Angels are servants so therefore they have no agenda other than to wait for someone to ask them for help. I understandf they have a desire to help us all the time but they are not allowed to interfere with our chosen experiences unless we ask for help.

So I wonder if my HGA will guard me when I did not ask?

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Frater A.S.
Welcome New spirit

Spot on?: 1

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 02:47:01 pm »

Hi

Although that was a lovely article from Wiki i am going to have to challenge/elaborate/put my own opinion on about some of the info in it (bad of me to challenge wiki i know), and maybe start some sort of discussion on the HGA, which is one of the most fascinating subjects in Western Magick, well to me anyway.

The words Holy Guardian Angel come from Crowley i don't know of any source before him that mentions the the name, it may have been from Mathers but i sincerely doubt is. Abraham von worms does not give a name to the Angel that is contacted thought the Abramelin operation. So in my opinion Crowley coined the phrase Holy Guardian Angel or HGA.

Crowley attempted the Abramelin operation (what one does after reading the book Sacred Magick of Abramelin the Mage) twice once at his house once the banks of Loch Ness and the other on the back of a donkey while he was traveling though China.

Crowley took a ritual known in Golden Dawn terms as the Bornless Ritual and changed it to something called Liber Samech, and this is what he used to invoke his HGA. Crowley was very vague in most of his writings except for one, his commentary of Liber Samech. He wrote possibly the most comprehensive commentary on the ritual, which means he though very highly of that ritual far more than anything else he had ever written in his life.

Now the Bornless ritual, first appeared in the lesser key of Solomon (it appeared earlier as a some thing called the Headless ritual) teh translation which Crowley stole from Mathers but that is a whole different story. The Bornless ritual is a very powerful ritual filled with Enochian and barbarous names of evocation and is a very powerful ritual it is often used as a precursor to Goetic evocation. For those of you that don't know what i am talking about, before summoning Lucifer into my temple i would use the Bornless ritual to set the tone, it seriously opens just about every door way that exists.

I do agree with the bit that your HGA is not your Higher self, your HGA is neither Good nor Evil it is just an Angel with an agenda of its own, be it good or bad.

In fact your HGA is not necessarily be an Angel it could also be what is known as a Malevolent Demon.

Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 08:09:19 am »

Wow thanks for posting that!  Smiley

Why thank you Comet babes  Afro

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
Comet
Spirit.

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 07:07:25 am »

Wow thanks for posting that!  Smiley

Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 06:41:50 am »

has been viewed a few times.........maybe later....... Undecided

Well we enjoyed it hehehehehe

Medusa

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
harryhoudini
Spirit....

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 04:04:23 am »

has been viewed a few times.........maybe later....... Undecided
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 03:34:41 am »

good posting medusa,..........

Thanks Harry

Was hoping that others might find it interesting as well lov  Afro

Medusa

harryhoudini
Spirit....

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 03:02:58 am »

good posting medusa,..........
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

« on: July 31, 2009, 06:17:40 pm »

Holy Guardian Angel

The origin of the term Holy Guardian Angel is unknown. Possibly it was coined either by Abraham of Wuzburg, a French Kabbalist who wrote a treatise on ceremonial magic in the 15th century or Samuel Liddell Mathers who later translated the work as The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage. In the translation Mathers wrote:

If thou shalt perfectly observe these rules, all the following Symbols and an infinitude of others will be granted unto thee by the Holy Guardian Angel; thou thus living for the Honour and Glory of the True and only God, for thine own good, and that of thy neighbour. Let thy Fear of God be ever before the eyes and heart of him who shall possess the Divine Wisdom and Sacred Magic.

As it is known when Aleister Crowley adopted Mathers' translation of The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage from the teachings of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn he adopted as well the term of the Holy Guardian Angel which became the principle part of his magical system of Thelema. Crowley definitely considered it equivalent to the Genius of the Golden Dawn, the Augoeides of Iamblichus, the Atman of Hinduism, and the Daemon of the ancient Greeks. For Crowley personally the Holy Guardian Angel represented the "Silent Self," his genuine divine nature.

The obtaining of the "Knowledge and Conversation" of the Holy Guarding Angel was such a vital part of his Abra-Melin Operation that Crowley embodied it in his entire Thelema magic. His purpose for doing so stemmed from the Greek meaning of Thelema, "the will," and knowledge of man's true Will, the essential thing which he was to do in life, came through his Holy Guardian Angel. To Crowley, finding one's true will or purpose in life was the only justifiable use of such Knowledge, any other use was black magic.

For the adept, to Crowley, this was his single, most important goal. As he writes:

It should never be forgotten for a single moment that the central and essential work of the Magician is the attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. Once he achieves this he must of course be left entirely in the hands of that Angel, who can be invariable and inevitably relied upon to lead him to the further great step-crossing the Abyss and the attainment of the grade of Master of the Temple.

Also emphasizing the importance of the Holy Guardian Angel to Crowley was the Kabbalistic number of sixty-five which he assigned to The Book of the Heart Girt with a Serpent. Sixty-five also signifies Adonai (one of the Hebrew names for God) as well as Augoeides. The five chapters composing this book explore the five spiritual elements of Western esotericism-earth, air, water, fire, and spirit. The work blend Western esotericism (the heart as the center of the human soul) and Eastern symbolism (the serpent as the rising Kundalini energy and the flowers as the highest chakra of enlightenment, the thousand-petalled lotus Sahastara).

`Throughout his instructions to initiates and adepts Crowley urges the necessity to invoke often, as seen associated with the Bornless One Ritual, and emphasized this at the Abbey of Thelema. The most important part of this invocation, as he explained, is the stripping away of the physical, mental, and astral self in order to concentrate on the deepest self, the Soul; and for this the Holy Guardian Angel is required.

For this, the communication with one's Holy Guardian Angel, Crowley emphasizes the importance of the ritual.

The ritual is to first strip the deepest self from concentrating on any external activities; to rid the aspirant of any resentment of the spiritual vivisection which he is undergoing, just as bashful lovers become drunk on their wedding night to abandon their shame which mysteriously coexists with their desire; to concentrate the spiritual force of each element and simultaneously focus them into the aspiration toward the Holy Guardian Angel; and to attract the Angel by a vibrating magical voice which invokes him.

Crowley also tried achieving the Knowledge and Conversation with the Holy Guardian Angel through sexual encounters including infrequent masturbation. He considered himself successful especially during his first year in America. His partners were both male and female including New York street prostitutes and men he met in Turkish baths. But there were also women for whom Crowley felt a serious friendship and/or romantic attachment.

Crowley acknowledged that the Abra-Melin Operation was not the only method by which the adept could contact his Holy Guardian Angel. He writes:

It is impossible to lay down precise rules by which a man may attain to the knowledge and conversation of His Holy Guardian Angel; for that is the particular secret of each of us; a secret not to be told or even divined by any other, whatever his grade. It is the Holy of Holies, whereof each man is his own High Priest, and none knoweth the Name of his brother's God, or the Rite that invokes Him.

Just as Crowly states each person has his separate Guardian Angel he later claims these Angels change. In Magick Without Tears he presents a different view of the Holy Guardian Angel which is no longer the "Silent Self."

Now, on the other hand, there is an entirely different type of angel; and here we must be careful to remember that we include gods and devils, for there are such beings who are not by any means dependent on one particular element for their existence. They are microcosms in exactly the same sense as men and women are. They are individuals who have pick up elements of their composition as possibility and convenience dictates, exactly as we do ourselves...I believe that the Holy Guardian Angel is a Being of this order. He is something more than a man, possibly a being who has already passed through the stage of humanity, and his peculiarly intimate relationship with his client is that of friendship, of community, of brotherhood, or Fatherhood. He is not, let me say with emphasis, a mere abstraction from yourself; and that is why I have insisted rather heavily that the term "Higher Self" implies "a damnable heresy and a dangerous delusion."

The term Holy Guardian Angel has become so profound in the Western magical tradition that it is abbreviated HGA even in non-English-speaking countries. As with many such terms as this one, the Holy Guardian Angel has acquired various meanings from "Silent Self" to Higher Self" to "Cosmic Consciousness" signifying the divine spark in each man and woman. Perhaps this variety of meanings is what caused Crowley to feel the need to later clarify it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Guardian_Angel

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: