Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 28, 2024, 04:45:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Serenity.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serenity.  (Read 468 times)
bugeye
Spirit...

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 08:27:09 am »

I find there is silence. Though the universe is ever motive there is also stillness.

I think of all the things I have to do and all the world is arush with an insane drive to own more. Many people just move tirelessly so as to have enough money to rent and eat.

It isn't easy maintaining a physical life. All the war and crazy terror bombings and things like starving babies in immigration camps can be depressing, it's amazing we can cope knowing these things.

Perhaps I should try to do something about it, but it's like putting a bandaid on a dead man's wounds.

It is a futile world in so many ways really.

Actually, I find myself rather indifferent but I stress about traffic, housework, my music and trivial little things.

Inside me I feel serene and I guess all that mentioned above has its place in the scheme of things. I wish they felt 'serenity' too.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:28:47 am by bugeye » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,83.0.html
Traveller
Spirit..

Spot on?: 3

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 06:56:21 pm »

Thank you for sharing Bugeye, and Ann Smiley

I also love the surrenity preyer, but it doesn't solve the problem.

I find surrenity in calmness, silence, and writing. To be alone with my thoughts, and take a step back and say hang on, I can just take a couple of deep breaths here, and calm down.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 12:38:00 am »

I have been inside to where all falls quiet and not a thing is seen, some might describe this as pure love and it is fair enough too, I call it quiet content, because love is what I feel for my missus.

It makes no difference - words are interpreted things.

I have also had experience where I don't go 'down' into it, I bring it up into where I am fully awake. When that first happened to me I realized that everything that god watches also watches God

There are no secrets anyway, there is nothing to be hidden, nothing can be hidden.

Can a thing hide from itself? Of course not. It can only think it does.

Smiley

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 03:10:34 pm »

I used to suffer a lot of torments and that wasn't so long ago. I had a terrible temper, so bad I simply can not describe it to you fair folk. My out bursts were followed by an unbearable guilt and I'd spiral downward into the abysmal shadow of depression.

That was then.

I must've hit the rock bottom of despair at some time, I don't know exactly when, and something in me changed. Very suddenly, about four years ago, I just stopped drinking alcohol, my mind had turned around. I was addicted to drugs until a few months ago but I stopped taking them too. I intend to give up the cigs now and I am confident I will.

This is now.

I have explored deeper into my mind and soul just by quietly observing my inner self. I just close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing until I feel very relaxed, then I quietly observe what is 'inside' of me and let my thoughts go quiet. I have discovered by this gentle exploration that I have inside of me a deeper place which is always completely serene, and now when very difficult emotional times arise I can feel that place is ever present, and I know I can always revisit it.

I know all people have that quiet serenity deep inside them - everybody does.

We all have the deepest serenity.

It isn't hard to find.

Smiley

Hey Bugeye

Thank you for being open here my love.........it can take courage more than we know to open up sometimes .............

Medusa

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

Check out my new website.

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 09:06:09 am »

Cool Post.

I know exactly what you speak of and It does create magic. I spoke of it a few times.

It brings yourself together  Grin Thats the only way I can say it. Soul integration.

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
bugeye
Spirit...

« on: July 06, 2009, 08:01:57 am »

I used to suffer a lot of torments and that wasn't so long ago. I had a terrible temper, so bad I simply can not describe it to you fair folk. My out bursts were followed by an unbearable guilt and I'd spiral downward into the abysmal shadow of depression.

That was then.

I must've hit the rock bottom of despair at some time, I don't know exactly when, and something in me changed. Very suddenly, about four years ago, I just stopped drinking alcohol, my mind had turned around. I was addicted to drugs until a few months ago but I stopped taking them too. I intend to give up the cigs now and I am confident I will.

This is now.

I have explored deeper into my mind and soul just by quietly observing my inner self. I just close my eyes and concentrate on my breathing until I feel very relaxed, then I quietly observe what is 'inside' of me and let my thoughts go quiet. I have discovered by this gentle exploration that I have inside of me a deeper place which is always completely serene, and now when very difficult emotional times arise I can feel that place is ever present, and I know I can always revisit it.

I know all people have that quiet serenity deep inside them - everybody does.

We all have the deepest serenity.

It isn't hard to find.

Smiley

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 08:03:36 am by bugeye » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: