Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
April 16, 2024, 07:16:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Mudras

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mudras  (Read 254 times)
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 04:21:59 am »

Hey Laura

God haven't heard of this in a long while lov...............brings back memories for me in more ways than one ?

Medusa
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

Check out my new website.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 01:43:06 am »

I have the ten Basic Mudras and their uses but I still have not figured why I cannot post pics.

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
PrincessTiff
Spirit..

Spot on?: 2

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 11:25:41 pm »

Thanks for this post, Laura. I'd never heard of mudras before this, now I'm off to research some more!

Love,
Tiff xxxx

For those who don't believe, there is no proof possible; for those who do believe, there is no proof necessary.
bugeye
Spirit...

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 02:05:56 pm »

Just for interest.

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,83.0.html
Deveswar
Spirit...

Spot on?: 7

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 12:17:22 pm »

Good post lauraa
it is essential to know mudras. if you think that way
deveswar

"True teachers are few and pretenders abound."
lauraa49
Spirit..

Spot on?: 3

« on: June 18, 2009, 09:40:15 am »

I am of the belief that the chakras are imperitive to  raising ones  energy to achieve many levels of enlightenment. Using the mudras helps to balance, clear and attain.
Concentrate on the Root chakra at the spot in between the genitals and the anus.
Chant the sound LAM.

Open the Sacral Chakra
Put your hands in your lap, palms up, on top of each other. Left hand underneath, its palm touching the back of the fingers of the right hand. The tips of the thumbs touch gently. Concentrate on the Sacral chakra at the sacral bone (on the lower back). Chant the sound VAM.

Open the Navel Chakra
Put your hands before your stomach, slightly below your solar plexus. Let the fingers join at the tops, all pointing away from you. Cross the thumbs. It is important to straighten the fingers. Concentrate on the Navel chakra located on the spine, a bit above the level of the navel. Chant the sound RAM.

Open the Heart Chakra
Sit cross-legged. Let the tips of your index finger and thumb touch. Put your left hand on your left knee and your right hand in front of the lower part of your breast bone (so a bit above the solar plexus).
Concentrate on the Heart chakra at the spine, level with the heart. Chant the sound YAM (as this mudra is particularly powerful, this may not be needed).

Open the Throat Chakra
Cross your fingers on the inside of your hands, without the thumbs. Let the thumbs touch at the tops, and pull them slightly up. Concentrate on the Throat chakra at the base of the throat. Chant the sound HAM.

Open the Third Eye Chakra
Put your hands before the lower part of your breast. The middle fingers are straight and touch at the tops, pointing forward. The other fingers are bended and touch at the upper two phalanges. The thumbs point towards you and touch at the tops. Concentrate on the Third Eye chakra slightly above the point between the eyebrows. Chant the sound OM or AUM.

Open the Crown Chakra
Put your hands before your stomach. Let the ring fingers point up, touching at their tops. Cross the rest of your fingers, with the left thumb underneath the right. Concentrate on the Crown chakra at the top of your head. Chant the sound NG.

Love...what does it truly mean

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: