Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 19, 2024, 05:22:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The day the village changed

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The day the village changed  (Read 443 times)
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 08:52:34 am »

Well that was in north Africa or rather north of South Africa.

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
gryffen
Spirit.

Spot on?: 0

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 08:11:02 am »

the killings in South Africa must have been horrendous, actions of a few marked the whole of the country.

Same as the Khmer Rouge - genocide is an unforgivable attrocity

Lo there do I see my father, Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live...forever.
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 01:31:48 am »

Interesting.

In South Africa there is and have been so many killings that nobody would ever make a shrine like that. We will run out of space.

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
gryffen
Spirit.

Spot on?: 0

« on: August 12, 2009, 04:49:03 pm »

My friend lived just down the otherside of the road from here - i love it here but down this path everything changes.

A young boy was brutelly murdered here and his body dumped in the public toilets - the whole wynd is eerie -even the wildest of dogs go quietly.

Below is the brief of what happened to the boy and his murderer:

Alexander Edmundstone was convicted of the murder of Michael Swinton Brown who was a sixteen year old clerk from East Wemyss, Fife.  On the 16th  February. Brown went to the Royal Bank of Scotland to collect the wages for the linen manufacturers where he worked. He never returned and his body was later found in a public lavatory, brutally beaten. A handkerchief was tightly knotted around his neck, a cap was stuffed down his throat, his skull had been smashed in and he had been robbed of around £85 which in 1909 was a great deal of money.  Edmunstone had aroused suspicion by his sudden disappearance and was later arrested at a guest house in Manchester after a tip off from another lodger who had recognised him from a police 'wanted' poster. He was taken back to Perth and at his two day trial in June, he offered a feeble plea of insanity. The jury took just ten minutes to find him guilty and he was hanged by John Ellis on the 6th July 1909  He was only a young man of 23 himself when he died..

The book is called Dark Skies over School Wynd - good book - haunting!

Here is the public toilet - now a shrine for his memory of Michael S. Brown

here is the shrine and mosaic :

As you can see - there are no lights up and down that path - and im not one who scares easily - but my senses were on overdrive everytime im down there!

Will need to find a picture of the boys gravestone/monument as it is in direct centre of the caste circle - my guess would be to appease the boys spirit on the day of his death - revenge and all!

Enjoy - if you have questions then feel free to ask!

Lo there do I see my father, Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live...forever.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: