Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 28, 2024, 07:57:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

South Africa, and it's interesting places!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Africa, and it's interesting places!  (Read 294 times)
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 07:01:52 am »

I could swear we started one before.

But its no sweat, if it comes out we can just merge it here.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
The Universeable
Spirit..

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 04:58:01 am »

This is the only thread i know of!
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 03:45:54 am »

I thought we set up a thread like this already Cosmos.

Medusa if you find it then merge it for us?

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 03:13:28 am »

Hiya Cosmos

Have been reading through all the places hun

And looking them up online as well, got some wicked places in there babes

Will try and post some pics or go with ur places later ............

Medusa

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
The Universeable
Spirit..

Spot on?: 4

« on: September 04, 2009, 01:00:24 pm »

Thought since there's at least two south african's on this site,  Smiley i'll post some places worth a visit.

Sedan Beehive stone huts Location: Free State
   - The Sedan Beehive stone huts are a provincial heritage site in Lindley in the Free State province of South Africa. A group of pre-historic stone huts

Adam's Calender Location: Waterval Boven, Mpumalanga.

- This newly discovered monolithic stone calendar has been scientifically dated to at least 75000 years ago and pre-dates and human made     structure. The discovery of Adam's Calendar, which was built in alignment with the rise of Orion's belt serves to provide scientists with evidence of early human consciousness.

Circular Ruins : Location: Waterval Boven, Mpumalanga.

- Mysterious circular ruins that are spread over hundreds of kilometres over    the Mpumalanga escarpment. While some have held them to be examples of abandoned cattle kraals from 13th century Bantu settlements, recent research has shown that the circles were inhabited by an ancient civilisation. Similar to the famous Incas of South America, this ancient society had a healthy appetite for gold, which was mined in the immediate vicinity, as well as a sophisticated knowledge of agriculture and astrology.

Ottosdal spheres - Location: Wonderstone Mines at Ottosdal (West Transvaal, South Africa) / Klerksdorp Museum
 - Two types of sphere are alleged to have been found in the pyrophillite; one is a bluish metal with white inclusions, while the other has a metallic coating around a spongy material. Only examples of the second type seem to have been examined by geologists, who have found that they consist of pyrites and goethite. At least one of these spheres has three parallel fine grooves running around its centre. Lab technicians were said to be at a loss to explain how they could have been formed by any known natural process.

Badsha Peer - Location: Central Durban (City Center), Kwa-Zulu, Natal-
Shrine/Temple that is covered in concrete and a highway is built on top of it. People who have tried to destroy it, have died.

The Ruins of Great Zimbabwe Location: It is near the town of Masvingo, Zimbabwe
 - The complex of ruins known as Great Zimbabwe lies 30 kilometres southeast of Masvingo. It is the symbol modern Zimbabwe took it's name from - the word ‘Zimbabwe’ is derived from the Shona word maDzimbabwe, or dzimbahwe, meaning ‘a great stone building’. Great Zimbabwe is beautifully situated in a fertile and well-watered valley at the head of the Mutirikwi River. Archaeological investigations indicate that this valley, as well as the hill dominating it where the bulk of the ruin stands, were inhabited by several different races from an early age.

Fertility Cave - Location: Clarens, Free-State- For those interested in the esoteric, the Fertility Cave not too far from Clarens is definitely worth a visit. A place of indigenous worship for over 800 years, the caves continue to be used by local sangomas (traditional healers). According to folklore, a visit to these caves will bring you abundance.

Volcano - Location: Sutherland, Western Cape
 - Just to the southeast of the town is an eroded volcano named Salpeterkop, extinct for some 66 million years and now filled with sedimentary materials including saltpeter, hence the name

Volcano - Location: Brandfontein, Northern Cape- The farm offers a wide range of landscape scenery, in addition to the fact that it lies within the boundaries of an ancient ruptured volcano.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 01:03:19 pm by Cosmos » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: