Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 19, 2024, 12:57:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The addictive properties of unhealthy foods.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The addictive properties of unhealthy foods.  (Read 1480 times)
Douglas-76
Welcome New spirit

Spot on?: 0

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 03:44:14 am »

It is important to be healthy so you can have a good lifestyle. But when I was in hostel I started using the drugs and alcohol that ruined my lifestyle as well as affected my health. But now I am getting treatment at one of the reputed suboxone treatment virginia beach centers and seeing a lot of improvement.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 03:39:13 am »

pH Balance and Alcohol Addiction

Your body craves food substances that you're allergic to. The immune system response to a food allergy causes endorphins and other substances to be released. These chemicals cause a very pleasant high to take away the pain of allergy symptoms. Your body, in turn, becomes addicted to the release of these chemicals, so you crave more of the food allergen.

Alcohol is no different. If you are allergic to one of the grains used to produce a particular type of alcohol, you may very well become addicted to that type of alcohol. The more you consume, the more you feel you need to consume, because your body needs the endorphins and other chemicals to fight off the more unpleasant symptoms of allergic response.

Until you address the food allergy that causes your addiction to alcohol, you will continue to be susceptible to alcoholism. Food allergies are directly connected to an imbalanced pH level in your body. Correcting the problem therefore begins with neutralizing acid waste in your body and restoring your body’s pH balance.

THE RISK

Allergies to food substances, including alcohol, are largely the result of improper digestion and a body pH that’s out of balance. If you consume something you're allergic to, your body cannot digest that substance properly. The undigested substance becomes acidic.

The acid waste either enters your bloodstream, where it damages your organs and prevents nutrients from reaching your body’s cells, or it lingers in the intestines, where it becomes even more acidic and destroys the intestinal lining, further inhibiting the body’s ability to digest food properly.

When you continue to consume allergens such as alcohol because of your body’s addictive response, your acid level continues to rise. Accumulation of acid further upsets the digestive tract, and as a result, your body has even more difficulty digesting foods. Food substances that didn't cause an allergic response before now become new allergens, and the cycle intensifies.

THE DAMAGE

The accumulation of acid waste in your body perpetuates your addiction. The more alcohol you consume, the more allergic you become, and the more addicted. As long as your body is overrun with the acid waste causing your addiction, you will find it extremely difficult to eliminate alcohol from your diet. As a result, your body’s acid level will continue to rise. Your digestive tract will work less efficiently, and you will become allergic to more substances.

Additionally, the consumption of alcohol overworks your liver. The liver becomes toxic and its ability to eliminate acid from the body is diminished. If the liver becomes incapable of removing acid from the body, the acid waste will clog the bloodstream, preventing oxygen and nutrients from reaching your organs. Your brain, which cannot function properly without the right amounts of oxygen and glucose, will be affected first.

When acid clogs your bloodstream, you are also at greater risk for a heart attack. The acid waste also attracts bacteria.

Eventually the liver becomes inflamed and hardened as a result of acid accumulation. The result is cirrhosis that can be fatal.

THE BENEFITS OF A BALANCED pH

To reduce your dependence on alcohol, you need to first reduce the level of acid waste in your body. Eating the right foods and taking the right supplements can help neutralize and eliminate these acids and restore your body’s proper pH level.

Further identifying and eliminating allergens from your diet will also help. Additionally, foods and supplements that can detoxify and heal your liver will boost your body’s ability to eliminate acid waste
I got this article HERE:http://www.ph-health.com/phbalanceaddiction1015.html And I ogften wonder why people do not put two and two together.?

When dealing with addiction there are a LOT of other stuff we are addicted to but the only reason we dont deal with it is because no one told us what they were. No one cares to tell us because it creates profits and money. Those things make the world go round.

But then you must realize we are looking at an illusion on top of an illusion. You cannot breathe or eat money. But for the short sighted it is everything and most people are short sighted so money makes the world go round.

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 02:21:51 am »

Chocolate, Cheese, Meat, Sugar: Physically Addictive FoodsPosted Oct 25 2008 4:48pm I recently read Bronwyn's Scheigardt's post on sugar and I couldn't agree more with her. I just don't eat it anymore. I seldom crave it. If I do, I have a piece of fruit or a simple fruit-sweetened dessert. Is this a miracle coming from someone whose favorite food (and most often eaten food) from age 15 to 40 was sugar? No ... not really. I'll tell you why.

From a macrobiotic perspective of yin and yang  ... the more 'yang' or contracted foods eaten — salt, animal protein like meat, chicken and hard dairy, or baked dry foods — the more the opposite 'yin' or expansive foods are craved. Guess what the yin foods are? Yes, you guessed it, SUGAR in all of its many forms, from candy to sodas, soft dairy products like milk and ice cream, coffee, alcohol and drugs ... to name a few. Do you get the picture? It's actually quite simple.

So, whole grains (such as brown rice), vegetables and beans are in the middle of this yin-yang spectrum. I picture it as a ruler with yin on one side and yang on the other. Whole grains, vegetables and beans are considered more balanced and are in the middle of the ruler. If you eat more of these you won't have as much craving for the opposite end of the spectrum foods. You'll stay more balanced and not teeter-totter between the meat-sugar or salt-sugar extremes.

I've added this video from Dr. Neal Barnard, president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, about addictive foods to give you even more of an idea about the science behind "addictive" foods. (It's 40 minutes long, but well worth it.) 

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3214100593069532942#

http://stanford.wellsphere.com/healthy-eating-article/chocolate-cheese-meat-sugar-physically-addictive-foods/457549
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 03:23:59 am by Eugene66 » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 02:10:20 am »

Why Are Animal Flesh (Meat) and Fish Flesh Addictive? The Uric Acid
Or Pre-Urine in Muscle Cells is Trioxypurine, More
Addictive Than Caffein Which is Dioxypurine.

Had the animal bird or fish not been killed, his kidneys would have excreted
the oxypurines.

Oxypurines cause gout, arthritis, unnatural heart stimulation leading to
heart disease, heart attack, stroke. Uric acid crystallizes around the joints
in crystalline needle formations which jab the nerves. They cause rigidity, inflexibility. Eventually oxypurines
are the cause of kidney dysfunction
leading to dialysis, as well as kidney
stones which can also be caused
by the calcium oxylates which are
the products of cooking greens or
the green skin of potatoes.

Oxypurines times morning traffic are an unpeaceful mix.

Carnivores have 5 times our kidney size per pound of body weight. They are more
adapted to shearing nitrogen off of protein and eliminating it as NH3, urea.

In the 16th Century, only kings and the very wealthy could eat enough meat
to contract gout, another form of uric acid poisoning.

The scriptures of several religions foretell that carnivores too can become
nonviolent. 1000 vegan MD's recommend vegan diet for dogs
http://www.pcrm.org
while James A Peden and others have written that the discovery of artificial
taurine in 1930 makes it possible for cats as well to be vegan.

Owen Parrett, MD has written on this subject.

Drug companies, interested in selling medications with lethal side effects, do
not pass along this information, nor does the Arthritis Foundation.

Isaiah: The lion shall lie down with the lamb. They shall not hurt nor destroy
in all my holy mountain for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord.

If you miss meat, buy veggie burgers and whizz on them.

Poster confesses to a coffee addiction, although she has been reducing the intake
of oxypurines in coffee.

SOLUTIONS:

1. replacing caffein, meat fish and dairy products with cleansing fruit juices.
2. Focusing on and speaking of the positive as well as pryaer
3. Chelation therapies which remove heavy metals from the body.
4. More uncooked food.
5. Vitamin C removes toxins from the body.

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 02:07:58 am »

June 23, 2003
Dailytelegraph.news.com.au

Research puts meat on addictive list

Some foods have been found to release morphine-like
opiate compounds during digestion, according to
researchers.

Cheese and meat have been added to the list of
addictive foods such as coffee, chocolate and sugar,
new research shows.

Some foods have been found to release morphine-like
opiate compounds during digestion, according to
researchers.

Nutritionist Dr Neal Barnard said the biological
composition of some foods caused people to become
addicted against their will. "It`s not gluttony, weak
will, or an oral personality that keep some of us tied
to certain foods," Dr Barnard said.

"There`s a biological reason many of us feel we can`t
live without our daily meat, cheese or sugar fix."

Dr David Cameron-Smith, of Melbourne`s Deakin
University, said food addictions were more commonly
related to emotional eating than the biological
composition of food.

He said overweight or obese people were more at risk
of addiction.

"There is no doubt a lot of people who are overweight
develop very restrictive eating patterns that are
built around their emotional state," Dr Cameron-Smith
said.

"Emotional eating is very common and does contribute
to overweight and obesity."

Dr Barnard discovered the addictive properties of
cheese when research uncovered people moving to a
vegetarian diet had a harder time giving up cheese
than any other food.

Research was conducted through the Physicians
Committee for Responsible Medicine for which Dr
Barnard is president.

About 70 per cent of the population experience a food
craving episode.

Experiments, such as one published in nutrition
journal Appetite in 1999, show many foods produce
cravings based on an emotional response.

"It is very common for human beings to experience
cravings," Dr Cameron-Smith said. "Food cravings are
normal for people, it`s just how we respond to it that
is important.

"All food is addictive, we have to eat and we gain a
lot of pleasure from eating."

Source: Dailytelegraph.news.com.au

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 12:25:47 am »

I have found an article on this page. http://www.drug-alcohol-addiction-recovery.com/addiction-and-nutrition.html and I will take little sections out that I want to put your attention on.

Alcohol, drugs and junk foods are toxic.

The high the body experiences is a complex detoxification reaction to these substances, where vital enzymes, hormones and nutrients are brought to a full stage of development and then make ineffective. This impact on the body contributes to poor health.

When people are in full-blown substance abuse, their supplies of nutritional reserves are depleted, and the effects on the metabolism can be sever.

Simple refined sugar is a primary addiction, which sets off a succession of stages called hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), which underlies virtually all substance abuse conditions.

As a person's blood sugar is strongly affected by sugars, stimulants and chemicals, the energy and mood pattern of the individual will fluctuate greatly, generating anger, frustration, confusion, irritation, and irrational behavior.

It is interesting to note that people who do not eat red meat are normally calm and peaceful people. Often people belive it is because these people are gnerally also spiritual people. This may well be true but nutritionists also contribute this tranquility behaviour to another factor. It is well known that vegetarians do not have fluctuating emotions. The puritans figured that the acid quantity that remains in your system after the consumption of meat acts like an addictive drug because it causes a long term ph un-balancing of your body system.

Thus when you go without it for a while you get withdrawal symptoms that can only be cured by another portion of red meat. Thus when you feed your addiction and you feel good again because of it you are mislead to beliveing that the meat is good for you and thats why you feel so much better. The same way heroin can make a heroin addict feel so much better.

Often it was mused at what might happen when we are really unknowingly addicted to some unidentified subsance and it could be argued that it creates an unfair advantage in the market place. Imagine all the money spent on the meat industry lying dormant in the consumers pocket. What other stuff would we rather spend it on?

Just recently there was a Court case about a scam where people who sold food to school kids agreed to use more salt in their food in order to get the school kids to buy more soda drink.

What if those companies whom we would spend our money on instead, can start a health campaign arguing the disadvantages of meat or dairy? As they sway public opinion they gradually get the giant consumer populations to buy their products instead of expensive meats and dairy and stuff.

Thus we would have a healtier nation thats more peaceful with more money per wallet and healtier bodies.

See A Nutritionist - Addiction And Nutrition

A visit to a competent nutritionist is an essential part of treatment for substance abuse. The nutritionist will review the history, habits and dietary patterns of the person, and recommend a diet that will correct the hypoglycemia, nerve irritation and organ and endocrine imbalances.

Food high in complex carbohydrates will be offered to replace simple sugars and sugar substitutes, fresh organic fruits and vegetables, seeds, legumes and nutritious "booster foods" will take the edge off of the sugar blues and detox shakes.
An individual evaluation will provide the information to design a program of proper amino acid, essential fatty acid, vitamin, mineral and enzyme support, which will minimize the withdrawal or craving reaction as addictive substances and habits are weaned from the diet and lifestyle. Then, growth on all levels can resume in a healthy way.

The road to recovery is much more effective with proper nutritional support.
Treatment centers that provide nutritional programs have a greater than 70% success rate compared to only 20% or less when psychology and behavior modification are the only modalities.

Mental, emotional and physical health will always improve when nutritional needs are met. Learning to eat well is an investment in the health of the whole family, not just the substance abuser.

It can repair much of the damage of both substance abuse and a dysfunctional family system. It's never too late to learn how to live well

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« on: September 05, 2009, 11:51:39 pm »

Most never know that they are addicted; people figure that they just like it. It is deeply disturbing to a cheese loving consumer that there are small amounts of addictive opiates involved in one of America’s favorite foods.

According to an article in 2003, Dr. Neal Barnard authored a book about the cravings of food that many of us face. His book is titled Breaking the Food Seduction: The Hidden Reasons Behind Food Cravings and Seven Steps to End them Naturally. He concluded that cheese is particularly addictive because it has small amounts of morphine that is produced from the cow’s liver. Additionally, other foods like sugar and chocolate are addictive to consumers.

These food supplies are so plentiful that the cravings are easily solved. Most never know that they are addicted; people figure that they just like it. It is deeply disturbing to a cheese loving consumer that there are small amounts of addictive opiates involved in one of America’s favorite foods. After all, we have cheese in most sandwiches, pastas, and snacks that are contributing reasons for obesity. Most fast food places offer plenty of cheese on their sandwiches and people do crave for the tasty meals.

Possibly, the addictive morphine that is created in the cow when digesting has led to increased weight issues. As a society, we must consider that the large quantities and availability is greater than ever in history. Therefore, it is likely to have an impact on the obesity rates for those that become addicted.

In the past, it was taught that cheese was a substitute for meat. Now, most people eat them together and they taste great. This could be too much for our bodies to consume long term. More research is truly needed because something as common as cheese could be harmful. Hopefully, more manufacturers will become aware of the hidden potential dangers in the product as well. So far, there have not been any serious complications following cheese consumption, but for how long?

Sharing this kind of information is important to those that are struggling with weight in particular. It could be that most people are addicted to eating cheese products and obesity is not the individual’s fault. Good exercise and a balanced healthy diet should offset any addiction, while cheese may still be part of the eating regimen. To view the actual article, check here. Also, typing a simple search will show other information as well.

Found this article Here: http://gomestic.com:80/consumer-information/cheese-has-a-little-known-secret-consumers-beware/

I have known that foods like red meat creates mild addiction through chemichal imbalances that it causes in the body but I didn't know about any identifiable addictive Chemicals. I think a little reasearch into addictive food will be enlightening.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 11:55:46 pm by Eugene66 » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: