Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
April 18, 2024, 07:26:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Giving and the power of charity conciousness.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving and the power of charity conciousness.  (Read 131 times)
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

Check out my new website.

« on: September 28, 2009, 09:37:07 am »

I give simply because I can. But it varies. Sometimes I know I am going to make someones day and I love doing it. Often it's a beggar that I offer more than he or she expected. It is so cheap to make them really happy for a moment. Sometimes I simply give because I have and another one wants. Sometimes I give in hope of being remembered in the future especially when it comes to business and income. Funny thing it rarely works.

Sometimes I give intentionally to get the rusty gears of my universe to begin rolling. I know that for things to happen there has to be a flow.So when I observe my life stagnating I spring clean my cuboards and my bank account and give stuff away just to create the void that will drag the freshness in. I also help a few clients out without charging for my profession. These are the times when I intentionally give with purpose.

It works in many ways. I dont think we should bother too much as to why we give as long as we feel that on the collective average our giving is an enhancement or betterment of who we are.

Lets relish in the words of my first Guru.

On Giving

Then said a rich man, "Speak to us of Giving."
And he answered:
You give but little when you give of your possessions.
It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
For what are your possessions but things you keep and guard for fear you may need them tomorrow?
And tomorrow, what shall tomorrow bring to the overprudent dog burying bones in the trackless sand as he follows the pilgrims to the holy city?
And what is fear of need but need itself? (False Emotions Appearing Real)
Is not dread of thirst when your well is full, thirst that is unquenchable? (Greed)
There are those who give little of the much which they have - and they give it for recognition and their hidden desire makes their gifts unwholesome. (Corporate PA.)

And there are those who have little and give it all.
These are the believers in life and the bounty of life, and their coffer is never empty.(Sometimes I am one of those.)

There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward. (Oftentimes I do this.)

And there are those who give with pain, and that pain is their baptism. (When I pay my services bills.)

And there are those who give and know not pain in giving, nor do they seek joy, nor give with mindfulness of virtue; ( I often give like this simply because I have to give. I dont even look at the face of the person. There is no judgment, no worth and no value. Simply a happening of give and take.)
They give as in yonder valley the myrtle breathes its fragrance into space.
Though the hands of such as these God speaks, and from behind their eyes He smiles upon the earth.
It is well to give when asked, but it is better to give unasked, through understanding;
And to the open-handed the search for one who shall receive is joy greater than giving
And is there aught you would withhold?

All you have shall some day be given;
Therefore give now, that the season of giving may be yours and not your inheritors'.
You often say, "I would give, but only to the deserving."
The trees in your orchard say not so, nor the flocks in your pasture.
They give that they may live, for to withhold is to perish. (and so I give that I may live sometimes.)
Surely he who is worthy to receive his days and his nights is worthy of all else from you.
And he who has deserved to drink from the ocean of life deserves to fill his cup from your little stream.
And what desert greater shall there be than that which lies in the courage and the confidence, nay the charity, of receiving?
And who are you that men should rend their bosom and unveil their pride, that you may see their worth naked and their pride unabashed?
See first that you yourself deserve to be a giver, and an instrument of giving. (Important to me to NEVER ask a person to prove to me why I should give to them. I have to give or I don't. When I dont I dont and when I can I do without asking.)
For in truth it is life that gives unto life - while you, who deem yourself a giver, are but a witness. (Ultimately true)
And you receivers - and you are all receivers - assume no weight of gratitude, lest you lay a yoke upon yourself and upon him who gives.
Rather rise together with the giver on his gifts as on wings;
For to be overmindful of your debt, is to doubt his generosity who has the free-hearted earth for mother, and God for father.

Gibran The Prophet.

Ofcourse giving and receiving is one thing, the same thing. So also be a healthy receiver. When someone offers receive with grace. Every time. Never turn down another mans goodwill. Take with grattitude even if it is something you might give to another tomorrow.

I often read these wisdoms over and over through life in order to know myself and my motivations in life.

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: