Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 19, 2024, 05:10:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Enlightenment.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Enlightenment.  (Read 330 times)
bugeye
Spirit...

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 02:53:10 am »

Sure we do.

We just say stuff like soul or ego or mind or spirit, and thus classify what is into subgroups which make us appear to know things that are beyond general sensory ability, however such fragmentation of human phenomena seperates what is apparent into undefineable elements, which impresses paranormal notions suggests there are realms seperate to observer experience.

Smiley

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,83.0.html
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 02:44:29 am »

Ego fears enlightenment. True

It fears it will go extinct so it sabotages your efforts.

The way around this is to befriend ego and also to realize that ego will always be with you even after you died.

Great stuff Eugene66.

I can't really eloborate on that....

However being the gasbag I am.... perhaps there is only egosoul and not such seperate things.

Egosoul ... It's the perception of things. Like two opposing masses create only one force.

Smiley
Definitely. It is a lot more practical to see all of you as one being. In fact it is true. We just create mythology and say ego this and super ego and whatever but in reality its just games we play to define things to the mind. Mind is stupid remember? You have to draw it little pictures to be able to explain things to him. LOL

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 04:28:03 pm »

The way around this is to befriend ego and also to realize that ego will always be with you even after you died.

Great stuff Eugene66.

I can't really eloborate on that....

However being the gasbag I am.... perhaps there is only egosoul and not such seperate things.

Egosoul ... It's the perception of things. Like two opposing masses create only one force.

Smiley

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 04:20:18 am »

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 12:47:23 am »

Good Question.

I think you forget a little and then you remember again. Everything in out lives happens in waves or resonance. One of the most common ones prevalent through all our lives is our Biorithm. On my Biorithm praph chart I can see my emotions health and intellect lines making continuous up and down curves right through my life. This is a slow resonance that takes three to four weeks to repeat itself.

A good exapmle of that is http://www.biorhythmfree.com  Get one for free here. They mail you every day and you get a mail like this. With a graph. *For some unknown reason as yet i cannot post images*
http://Dear Eugene, here is your biorhythm for Thursday, June 18th:

Today your intellectual level is 58%: you will be able to count on good capacity. Your physical level is 5%: it is opportune to avoid any activity which could be exerting.
Your emotional level is 88%: you can try to solve misunderstandings with your partner!

See you tomorrow.
Now we also get cycles that run through years. The seven year cycles for example where they also teach that a human is not adult untill at least the age of 28. Before then they should be considered children and treated with more tolerance. You will notice that the most ardent debaters hell bent to prove their point on discussion forums are norrmally below 28. They are still finding themself and defining in this reality.

Now I believe enlightenment happens also like that. I have had many moments of that experience in life and every time a piece of it remains when I come back down into everyday life. It is not a conditional state so you can have it anytime. There is nothing you should do but be aware of it. When you are aware of it you kapitalize on the expereince by making it last longer and memorising it as much as you can so you can bring some of that wisdom with you.

I also feel that even though life is ups and downs, on average it is always going up. Every expereince teaches us something and when it happens next time around we are more prepared for it and take it easier.

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 05:58:53 pm »

I think a person invents the notion of enlightenment and it goes away.

Deveswar
Spirit...

Spot on?: 7

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 11:44:17 pm »

You are right
In old thoughts enlightenment was something to be achieved,
some thing to be thrived for, some thing alien to normal beings

LOL that has completely changed
there is no secret, not a big task to know

because we are all ready that.
To be enlighten is our birth right
We are born with the enlightenment
some how we unlearn it

it is kind of so weird, that why we had to knock our head so strong
and has to go through this laborious task of reading, philosophising, digging
oh my god, just missing the truth on the door

what ever our mind say including these posts are borrowed
these are all from memories, all are dead past
the moment we drop it, we could see the light

after dropping learn to pick up the mind and use it for daily task
but keep him under your complete control

The laughing Buddha have this siginificance

He is laughing at the idiotic, crazy and torturing mentality of humans

Deveswar with
love love love

"True teachers are few and pretenders abound."
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« on: June 13, 2009, 06:33:17 am »

Hi Everyone.

Our discussions often revolved around the experience of enlightenment and how to share it with others. Let’s face it guys, we have all been there on and off and ego is afraid to come out of the closet. Yes we fear to say that we had an epiphamy or a WOW moment or true perception or the gap or nothingness or  in honesty, enlightenment.

We are in a funny spot. The situation is that one does not have words to convey that state of being. Eckhart Tolle in his book The Power Of Now states that at some point. “I realized that what everyone is looking for, I already had.” We all had that from time to time. Maybe we just did not know it or we did not want to admit it in a semantically correct way, so we think up words like a light bulb moment, or a wow moment’ or a sabbatical.

How would you know you have it when there is no definition for it? And then when you do have it and you don’t know you do, you walk away again in search of  it when in actual fact you are having it all the time. Ego also fears to be judged as arrogant or superior so while we are not sure we would rather hide the experience.

I like to think that enlightenment is not a goal that one stays at once achieved. I like to think of it as a companion to life. It is like a friend running parallel to you and being with you throughout your journey. Sometimes you are closer to your friend in awareness and sometimes further but your friend is always there.

Osho states that enlightenment is something you find in the silence of your being. It is much easier to find it when you are alone. Then you go to the ‘market place’ where people work on definable mind constructs and you ‘think’ yourself out of enlightenment. Then you go into solitude and find it again, then you lose it in the market place again, and so you continue until you get to the place where you can remain in your peaceful silence within even when in the marketplace.

Because we have this idea that once we reached enlightenment we have arrived and we are going to remain there, we don’t want to talk about the times when we did feel enlightened. Others might scrutinize you and say things like “Well if you are enlightened then prove it.” This is not possible. Even if you are enlightened this very second, there is no way to prove it. If you want to prove it you will find yourself out of it and back in ego in an instant.

Ego works with the scientific mind and want’s to prove things. Enlightenment has very little ego in it. When another asks for proof, his ego is challenging your ego and therefore you have to go into ego to play the game on his level. Most often you would choose not to say anything and thus not be challenged in order to remain there as long as you can. 

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: