Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 29, 2024, 08:11:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

what is it?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is it?  (Read 2108 times)
mac
Spirit.

Spot on?: 0

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 06:19:20 am »

"Often in spirituality nothing is clearly defined. Every speaker has different meanings they attach to words."  My view on that is it's down to a lack of thought and/or understanding.  Clarity is possible with a little effort, though - or at least one gets closer to a desired meaning.

Yeah I tried many a time untill I found its easier for me to just fit in with the Romans. (When in Rome.) When reading "A course in miracles it took constant reminding myself the different meanings they assigned to words like Spirit and Holy ghost. If I did not know better I would have thought its a Christian book in the dogmatic sense.

Then there is the many "subconcious." I eventually made my own sense from it saying there is the ego subconcious that we all know and the spiritual subconcious that you can also term your Godself.

"I associate the term Medium with old school Spiritualists. The days of table tilting and such. To me those theatrics have no real value. My own life and how to improve and make it work for me is more important than speaking to some spirit.  I attended a few seances in my teens and decided it has no real value to me."  

Now watching people doing "passing over" I also witnessed has remarkable accuracy.

A short story. Peggy, my dads love of the last ten years died. She was like a loving friend and step mother to me. This happened at a time in my life just after I got married to Cathy and we were really pulling the plough to make ends meet.

At the time my dad just inherited a lot of money from her death so he was in a reasonably wealthy position but he was one of those "You have to earn it" kind of parents. He used to go to a spiritualist church once a month and they used to do passing over there. One monday he gave us quite a substantial amount of money. I asked him why and he said:

In Yesterdays meeting Serio was standing there saying "Anyone know a Meggy or Peggy or something?" My dad put his hand up saying Peggy. Serio described her easily enough. She was short and was busy dying of cancer when she slipped in the shower and died from the fall. "She is standing there close to you saying. I want you to give Cathy X amount of money."

Now is this channeling? I dont feel it is the right wording. I feel that Serio was simply witnessing for the benefit of those who need to know.

I also feel that the resonance of the planet is speeding up and making it possible for more people to awaken their abilities and to practice them more easily. Twenty years ago I dont think it would have been possible for a person like Edwards to stand in front of a crowd and to "see" for them. In those years a lot more ritual was needed to "pass over"

You might enjoy watching the British TV Drama series "Afterlife." It is classically about a psychic and what she sees, and a sceptic Psychologist friend who doubts her.

"I associate the term Medium with old school Spiritualists. The days of table tilting and such. To me those theatrics have no real value. My own life and how to improve and make it work for me is more important than speaking to some spirit.  I attended a few seances in my teens and decided it has no real value to me."    

I see what you're saying and agree with much of it, yet Spiritualist mediumship is rarely that nowadays...

I don't understand the term "passing over" in the sense you've used it - would you enlarge please?

'Channelling' is another, ill-defined term which would benefit from clarity....

As a rule I don't care for fictional TV portrayals of mediums and/or psychics - and staged events often come over even worse!
   Sad
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: