Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 28, 2024, 01:07:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

what is it?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is it?  (Read 2101 times)
mac
Spirit.

Spot on?: 0

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 12:59:52 pm »

"I don't understand the term "passing over" in the sense you've used it -"

John Edwards. Sylvia brown. Also in a good spiritualist church I know of. A speaker stands in front of the crowd and talks about the "invisible people" who came to talk to someone. Like my example of what happened to my Father.

Channelling is ultimately when the spirit lifts your spirit out of your body and places it somewhere on a park bech or somethign in the astral. Then uses your body to talk. JZ Knight and Sylvia Brown does this. They always don't have a clue what was said during the channel because they were not present.

Milder versions of this is when people "channel" entities ike the pleadeans or Ra or Toth, Kitumi , Tobias, or Abraham (Ester Hicks) Lizaris, Omni and chaneled teachers.

Grin

Your "passing over" is a term for what we just call 'platform mediumship'. 

Your 'channelling' appears to be 'deep trance' mediumship...

The lighter form of channelling you mention would be mediumship for teaching and guidance - deep or fairly-deep trance to convey the words of spiritually evolved teachers, mostly on spiritual issues

I forgot to say thank you - this has helped clarify a number of ongoing issues for me...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 01:11:49 pm by mac » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
mac
Spirit.

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 10:23:27 am »

The partnered exploration is at the bottom of this page..
The last 2 mesages
http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,789.15.html

The retrieval is here
http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,240.msg6994.html#msg6994

with Love
Eelco(I live in Holland)

thanks for the links - I'll take a look shortly - I now remember seeing one of your postings elsewhere and in it you mentioned you were in Holland...

mac
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Catsquotl
Spirit.

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 10:19:00 am »

The partnered exploration is at the bottom of this page..
The last 2 mesages
http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,789.15.html

The retrieval is here
http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,240.msg6994.html#msg6994

with Love
Eelco(I live in Holland)

Lets keep a light burning
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 10:18:51 am »

"I don't understand the term "passing over" in the sense you've used it -"

John Edwards. Sylvia brown. Also in a good spiritualist church I know of. A speaker stands in front of the crowd and talks about the "invisible people" who came to talk to someone. Like my example of what happened to my Father.

Channelling is ultimately when the spirit lifts your spirit out of your body and places it somewhere on a park bech or somethign in the astral. Then uses your body to talk. JZ Knight and Sylvia Brown does this. They always don't have a clue what was said during the channel because they were not present.

Milder versions of this is when people "channel" entities ike the pleadeans or Ra or Toth, Kitumi , Tobias, or Abraham (Ester Hicks) Lizaris, Omni and chaneled teachers.

Grin

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
mac
Spirit.

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 10:03:00 am »

Hmmm....Since you're in the process of redefining medium ship.. Have a look at my retrieval and partnered exploration in my personal thread.. Without much hocus pocus or effort I find myself able to at some degree connect to "the other side" for lack of a better term..I don't think i have any special talent for this..Just your average joe here with maybe less than average interests
And i know of people who claim to act as go-between within a question/response session, using a similar process i am using..

The wonderful thing about this proces is that it is so very simple the biggest hurdle is believing you're doing it..

WIth Love,
Eelco

"Have a look at my retrieval and partnered exploration in my personal thread.."  I would but I don't know where to find it. (do you live in the mid-west?)
Catsquotl
Spirit.

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 09:36:55 am »

Hmmm....Since you're in the process of redefining medium ship.. Have a look at my retrieval and partnered exploration in my personal thread.. Without much hocus pocus or effort I find myself able to at some degree connect to "the other side" for lack of a better term..I don't think i have any special talent for this..Just your average joe here with maybe less than average interests
And i know of people who claim to act as go-between within a question/response session, using a similar process i am using..

The wonderful thing about this proces is that it is so very simple the biggest hurdle is believing you're doing it..

WIth Love,
Eelco

mac
Spirit.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 06:19:20 am »

"Often in spirituality nothing is clearly defined. Every speaker has different meanings they attach to words."  My view on that is it's down to a lack of thought and/or understanding.  Clarity is possible with a little effort, though - or at least one gets closer to a desired meaning.

Yeah I tried many a time untill I found its easier for me to just fit in with the Romans. (When in Rome.) When reading "A course in miracles it took constant reminding myself the different meanings they assigned to words like Spirit and Holy ghost. If I did not know better I would have thought its a Christian book in the dogmatic sense.

Then there is the many "subconcious." I eventually made my own sense from it saying there is the ego subconcious that we all know and the spiritual subconcious that you can also term your Godself.

"I associate the term Medium with old school Spiritualists. The days of table tilting and such. To me those theatrics have no real value. My own life and how to improve and make it work for me is more important than speaking to some spirit.  I attended a few seances in my teens and decided it has no real value to me."  

Now watching people doing "passing over" I also witnessed has remarkable accuracy.

A short story. Peggy, my dads love of the last ten years died. She was like a loving friend and step mother to me. This happened at a time in my life just after I got married to Cathy and we were really pulling the plough to make ends meet.

At the time my dad just inherited a lot of money from her death so he was in a reasonably wealthy position but he was one of those "You have to earn it" kind of parents. He used to go to a spiritualist church once a month and they used to do passing over there. One monday he gave us quite a substantial amount of money. I asked him why and he said:

In Yesterdays meeting Serio was standing there saying "Anyone know a Meggy or Peggy or something?" My dad put his hand up saying Peggy. Serio described her easily enough. She was short and was busy dying of cancer when she slipped in the shower and died from the fall. "She is standing there close to you saying. I want you to give Cathy X amount of money."

Now is this channeling? I dont feel it is the right wording. I feel that Serio was simply witnessing for the benefit of those who need to know.

I also feel that the resonance of the planet is speeding up and making it possible for more people to awaken their abilities and to practice them more easily. Twenty years ago I dont think it would have been possible for a person like Edwards to stand in front of a crowd and to "see" for them. In those years a lot more ritual was needed to "pass over"

You might enjoy watching the British TV Drama series "Afterlife." It is classically about a psychic and what she sees, and a sceptic Psychologist friend who doubts her.

"I associate the term Medium with old school Spiritualists. The days of table tilting and such. To me those theatrics have no real value. My own life and how to improve and make it work for me is more important than speaking to some spirit.  I attended a few seances in my teens and decided it has no real value to me."    

I see what you're saying and agree with much of it, yet Spiritualist mediumship is rarely that nowadays...

I don't understand the term "passing over" in the sense you've used it - would you enlarge please?

'Channelling' is another, ill-defined term which would benefit from clarity....

As a rule I don't care for fictional TV portrayals of mediums and/or psychics - and staged events often come over even worse!
   Sad
mac
Spirit.

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 06:08:21 am »

you're Welcome...

Now you have me curious though..
Why the interest,And of course How do you define mediumship..

With Love,
Eelco

Second question first.  I'm in the process of redefining my versions.... They centre on the evidential mediumship found in my own persuasion, that of Modern Spiritualism, Spiritualism as it's usually known by its adherents... 

There, mediums are go-betweens, trying to help seekers to understand survival beyond death, trying to re-unite them with family and friends.  That contact can't be guaranteed, of course, but what folks learn can help ease their bereavement burden.  There are other mediums such as those who provide broader guidance on the subject and beyond.  That would have been my comprehensive answer at one point, even until pretty recently...yet change is on my horizon. Smiley

Why the interest?  Good question.  Maybe I just like to understand as much as I can... Wink  Maybe I'm being directed along a particular path? 

But maybe that's just fanciful!  Grin
Catsquotl
Spirit.

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 03:26:55 am »

you're Welcome...

Now you have me curious though..
Why the interest,And of course How do you define mediumship..

With Love,
Eelco

mac
Spirit.

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 03:19:42 am »

To me a medium is someone who to a degree can tune into the different dimensions around us.. And see or communicate with the beings there.. They may very well be the dead...
I also feel that communication at this level is has inner translation issues.. So what is shared is translated by the medium to what we understand as a vision(i see) or words(i hear) etc..
However it is my believe that this translation is based on what we have available in language to get a point across also when not careful a medium's mind will (unknowingly perhaps)fill in many gaps for things wich cannot be expressed propperly..

I have not met many mediums that do not somehow express what they get colored through their own believes and opinions..

Medusa maybe you can shed some light on how it works for you?
I am not putting down mediumship in any way mind.. Just wording what my experience is until now..And i do pray their are a few out their who express what they see and can discern what is their own before expressing..

With Love,
Eelco

THANK YOU!  Smiley

You would probably not believe how much time and effort I've spent encouraging others, elsewhere, to define what it means to them - irrespective of whether they are mediums or psychics or just regular Joes and Josephines. 

Encouraged but failed - I've had perhaps three in total who have had any idea how to express it... Sad

Looks like I've been in the wrong places, with the wrong people.... Wink

mac
Catsquotl
Spirit.

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 03:00:38 am »

To me a medium is someone who to a degree can tune into the different dimensions around us.. And see or communicate with the beings there.. They may very well be the dead...
I also feel that communication at this level is has inner translation issues.. So what is shared is translated by the medium to what we understand as a vision(i see) or words(i hear) etc..
However it is my believe that this translation is based on what we have available in language to get a point across also when not careful a medium's mind will (unknowingly perhaps)fill in many gaps for things wich cannot be expressed propperly..

I have not met many mediums that do not somehow express what they get colored through their own believes and opinions..

Medusa maybe you can shed some light on how it works for you?
I am not putting down mediumship in any way mind.. Just wording what my experience is until now..And i do pray their are a few out their who express what they see and can discern what is their own before expressing..

With Love,
Eelco

Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 08:09:37 pm »

"Often in spirituality nothing is clearly defined. Every speaker has different meanings they attach to words."  My view on that is it's down to a lack of thought and/or understanding.  Clarity is possible with a little effort, though - or at least one gets closer to a desired meaning.

Yeah I tried many a time untill I found its easier for me to just fit in with the Romans. (When in Rome.) When reading "A course in miracles it took constant reminding myself the different meanings they assigned to words like Spirit and Holy ghost. If I did not know better I would have thought its a Christian book in the dogmatic sense.

Then there is the many "subconcious." I eventually made my own sense from it saying there is the ego subconcious that we all know and the spiritual subconcious that you can also term your Godself.

I associate the term Medium with old school Spiritualists. The days of table tilting and such. To me those theatrics have no real value. My own life and how to improve and make it work for me is more important than speaking to some spirit.  I attended a few seances in my teens and decided it has no real value to me.

Now watching people doing "passing over" I also witnessed has remarkable accuracy.

A short story. Peggy, my dads love of the last ten years died. She was like a loving friend and step mother to me. This happened at a time in my life just after I got married to Cathy and we were really pulling the plough to make ends meet.

At the time my dad just inherited a lot of money from her death so he was in a reasonably wealthy position but he was one of those "You have to earn it" kind of parents. He used to go to a spiritualist church once a month and they used to do passing over there. One monday he gave us quite a substantial amount of money. I asked him why and he said:

In Yesterdays meeting Serio was standing there saying "Anyone know a Meggy or Peggy or something?" My dad put his hand up saying Peggy. Serio described her easily enough. She was short and was busy dying of cancer when she slipped in the shower and died from the fall. "She is standing there close to you saying. I want you to give Cathy X amount of money."

Now is this channeling? I dont feel it is the right wording. I feel that Serio was simply witnessing for the benefit of those who need to know.

I also feel that the resonance of the planet is speeding up and making it possible for more people to awaken their abilities and to practice them more easily. Twenty years ago I dont think it would have been possible for a person like Edwards to stand in front of a crowd and to "see" for them. In those years a lot more ritual was needed to "pass over"

You might enjoy watching the British TV Drama series "Afterlife." It is classically about a psychic and what she sees, and a sceptic Psychologist friend who doubts her.

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
mac
Spirit.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 02:22:53 pm »

Haha!! Yes i'm with you.

Often in spirituality nothing is clearly defined. Every speaker has different meanings they attach to words. This confuses me too and often I don't know what word to use.

By "the other side" I mean the invisible world. Invisible to us. In quantum terms I can say a reality that is not in resonance match with this one. Some call it the astral. Ramtha Calls it the Infra red dimention because of its frequency.

With "interpret" I mean playing middle man or being eyes to te blind. Just like having a language interpreter interpreting the language you might not be able to hear with your ears.

Now in broader personal terms I think some people are not mediums but merely more sensitive to the unseen, more empathic or intuitive and they have to use a whole lot of interpreting to make sense even to themself, as to what they perceive. To me that is not a Medium in the true defintion.

More ultimately I believe a channel like JZ Knight is the ultimate medium. Where you surrender your body as a vessel or tool for the entity to use it like a puppet in order for the entity to express itself in our dimention.

I see "the other side" as you do.  I can also go with your meaning for "interpret" too.  I also like the "middle man" but I'd say 'middle person' or 'go-between'.

I could hardly agree with you more about this piece "Now in broader personal terms I think some people are not mediums but merely more sensitive to the unseen, more empathic or intuitive and they have to use a whole lot of interpreting to make sense even to themself, as to what they perceive. To me that is not a Medium in the true definition."

Somewhat unexpectedly, and surprisingly, I found myself agreeing with your definitions.  This past year has seen me having to adjust my thoughts about mediums and mediumship.  I slowly realised that it was unlikely that the world was out of step with me and my definitions!!  So I made a few accommodations but still find more psychics than mediums are evident...
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 07:01:19 am »

Haha!! Yes i'm with you.

Often in spirituality nothing is clearly defined. Every speaker has different meanings they attach to words. This confuses me too and often I don't know what word to use.

By "the other side" I mean the invisible world. Invisible to us. In quantum terms I can say a reality that is not in resonance match with this one. Some call it the astral. Ramtha Calls it the Infra red dimention because of its frequency.

With "interpret" I mean playing middle man or being eyes to te blind. Just like having a language interpreter interpreting the language you might not be able to hear with your ears.

Now in broader personal terms I think some people are not mediums but merely more sensitive to the unseen, more empathic or intuitive and they have to use a whole lot of interpreting to make sense even to themself, as to what they perceive. To me that is not a Medium in the true defintion.

More ultimately I believe a channel like JZ Knight is the ultimate medium. Where you surrender your body as a vessel or tool for the entity to use it like a puppet in order for the entity to express itself in our dimention.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:13:44 am by Eugene66 » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
mac
Spirit.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 06:45:05 am »

Well first of all the word medium is exactly what the person does.

It is a way to communicate through a machine or person able to bridge the gap between you and another. In this case a person.

The medium interprets the "other side" to the people who cannot sense it.

May I expand... Smiley 

I totally understand what I mean when I use the word 'medium' - I've deliberately not defined it here because I'm interested in what it means to others

It's a subject I've been trying to progress for many months but mostly I've found that folks simply do not, or can not, say what it means to them personally.  And I can tell from the little that folks do say, that it's something different to the meaning I imply....

If I take "The medium interprets the "other side" to the people who cannot sense it." then I'd ask is that what you understand or a general definition? 

And I'd also ask what you mean by "interpret" and "the other side"....

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: