Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
April 19, 2024, 07:22:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Juliet-Amber

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juliet-Amber  (Read 416 times)
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 02:41:28 pm »

Hmmm Yeah.

Well I used a tip from Stephen Coveys book. Seven habits of highly effective people.

I devided my tasks into four categories.

1 Urgent and important.

2 Important but not urgent.

3 Urgent not important.

4 not importnat and not urgent.

I think they might be mixed up but the trick is to do as much as you can on No 2 and in time it wil alleviate No1 and give you more time for yourself while you dump no 3 and 4. Especially salespeople tend to make us run around like rats by putting a false urgency on everything and many people buy into that urgency.

Ask yourself "What if a bus hits me today?" The world will still turn. Someone will take my place. Now why not take my time and do things more relaxed? Now that I know the world can happen without me I can take a breather.  Grin

Another trick to calm my mind is this. I ask myself. "What is wrong right NOW?" Im alive. Im breathing I'm functioning. Even if the rent is late right now I am sitting here with roof over my head and I will sleep in my bed tonight. Often when you think about it there really is nothing to worry about. We can just be present in every now moment and do what we have to do, what is in our current ability to do from this now to the next now and before you know it you have done a whole lot of stuff in a relaxed present manner.

Often we keep our minds racing with things that's really not even worth thinking about. I also found that not switching TV's and Radios on helps a lot. Because long after I switched them off they still make a noise in my head.

I find when  slow down like this I become patient and gentle and I dont "faff" too much over trivial drama.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
JulietAmber
Welcome New spirit

Spot on?: 0

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 02:15:32 pm »

I also wish life were uncomplicated.
However, I do think unnecessary complications are often created by us!
I have sought methods to still my anxiety at life's 'complications' at times.  These include 'to do' lists where I can put my jumbled thoughts of things 'I have to do' on paper and out of my head, to mentally locking away problems into drawers and putting the key somewhere safe where it can be retrieved when I feel able to cope!
I wish, sometimes, that people could be content with what they have and realise that everything they need and want is right there in front of the.
I read this quote once that has stayed with me:
'I didn't realise that I held the moon in my hands because I was too busy gazing at the stars'

J-A
X

Juliet-Amber
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 02:03:20 pm »

My sister has Aspergers and she lives with autistic people.

Sometimes when I visit there I wish more people would be like some of the "crazies" I stopped there to pick her up one Friday to bring her to my house over the weekend so she can get out for a while when I was approached by one of her friends. Angie.

"You must be Antoinettes brother hey? Yes you are Antoinettes brother because she said her brother is comming to take her away, so it must be you."

"Yes I am."

"I am Angie, Antoinettes friend. Are you taking Antoinette away?"

"I am"

"It upsets me. Antoinette is my friend and it upsets me that you are taking her away."

"I am bringing her back on Monday again Angie."

"OK.                             Bye." And off she goes.

I thought. How simple and plain straight forward? How totally honest and innocent. Would it not be better if the world was so uncomplicated?

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
JulietAmber
Welcome New spirit

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 01:26:49 pm »

Hi everyone
Thank you for my lovely posts - I really enjoyed reading them!
I had a busy day at school - lots of tinsel, glitter and practicing for the nativity play on Thursday.  It's our last week before breaking up for Christmas.
Although I have always worked with children, I haven't always worked with special needs.  In fact, it was an area I hadn't really considered moving into.  I was working at a pre-school and a family with a little boy with downs syndrome wanted to enroll.  We couldn't take him because there was nobody qualified to work with special needs children.  I must admit, I was reluctant at first to train but I didn't like turning away a child who I thought would benefit from our setting.  I trained for 6 months and qualified as a special needs coordinator.  The child concerned is now happy and settled at Infants school and I loved working with him.
Since then, I continued acting as special needs coordinator and this year moved to a children's centre where I work specifically with special needs children, although we are an inclusive practice and have lots of children from all communities.  I am undertaking a research project at the moment examining how children's centres meet the needs of families and children with English as an additional language.
I am in my last year of an open university degree program for which I won a scholarship.  When I qualify, I'm not sure where my journey will take me but I will definately stay within the field of education.
Working with special needs children, and also having my own has made me appreciate health and take one day at a time.  I love encouraging children to learn and I am always trying to find activities that I know children will love!   We have inherited some African Giant Land Snails which are growing so big and today we cut up cucumber and tomatoes and watched them eat them.  It was fascinating!
Must get on with some study
Love
Juliet-Amber
x

Juliet-Amber
Alexandria
Spirit.

Spot on?: 2

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 08:40:25 pm »

Juliet *hugs*

I am still new myself and I'm still looking around at what I might be able to contribute to, but honestly, I've found everyone here so welcoming and helpful:)  I'm very interested in your work with special needs children.  It is the field I am hoping to work in after I finish school.  I have 3 children of my own and recently returned to college so I relate to you well there.   

I cannot wait to see what you have to share with us:D  I'm very excited to see another member.

Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.  Ovid
Binramii
Spirit.

Now is the life where we can to be all that we are

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 07:26:23 pm »

Hi Juliet-Amber! Lovely to meet you! Smiley

Blessings to you for this space that you have created.

Our lives are journeys within journeys.
There is a very wise saying that the teacher appears when the student is ready and more often than not the teacher we need is within our own being.
Being drawn to connect to a spiritual community is often the mirror we need to see the teacher within.
Blessings to you for seeking the knowing of the self.

Each of us are infinite beings of wisdom and our sharing is a way in which all of us can learn.
I trust you will bring much Light to all who read your words.
Blessings

Juliet rose
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." Will S.

Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
Deep peace of the infinite Universe to you.
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 01:39:57 pm »

Juliet.

Well we all started out like you most of us. We felt the pull from spirit to evolve. I mean there must be more to life than just raising children and teaching them to raise children right? Where do you go once the children left home? You will be amaised at the amount of knowledge you can aquire in a year when joining and sharing in a crowd like ours.

We dont expect anything from you other than to just be yourself and to share when you feel like you just shared here. I feel you were guided to be here and in due time you will find a few benefits to being here and we might benefit from having you here. It might even be for the people who depend on you like the children that you came here. We have psychics and healers here and we have a lot of collective experience in healing and self healing to share and help others who have the wish to thelp themself.

The universe is a wise one and she always ensures that people influence and impact peoples lives in a positive way by simply being who they are. In just being who you are you could be our greatest teacher. Teaching does not have to be declared in order to be teaching. Alexandria is in a simmilar situation than you with a sick child and reading you're story I feel you two might have a lot to talk about.

Yes loneliness can get to you. It gets to me as you should know. Wink But I also decided to play it safe and sound before I make a mistake. Our desires can sometimes make us impatient and then we end up, tied up in wrong relationships just because we did not know what to do with the time we were lonely. We are all gods in training and in our loneliness it will do us good to look inside and see and appreciate who and what we are.

How you found this site was amaising to me and I am sure it is no coinsidence that you are here. Welcome with us and feel free to share anything you would like to share. We are beyond judging in a sense that we would rather discuss things in clarity and honesty to enable us to see things for what they are and thus solve our life situations.

I am happy to be able to say that you will  only find good quality people here.

Smitten

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
JulietAmber
Welcome New spirit

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 12:10:44 pm »

I have read some of the conversations on your forums and they are beautiful and inspirational.  I do not, however, feel qualified enough to comment or contribute anything that anyone may find of interest!
So I thought, if anyone was reading this, that you might like to know something about my life.
In many ways, I feel at the start of a journey, even though I am 38 years old!   
I live by the sea and love the ocean and feel at peace there.
I seem to have been constantly running throughout my life and trying to find a safe place to hide, only to discover that these hiding places are only temporary and not really safe havens at all.
I work with special needs children.  I have a special needs child of my own, two if you count my 12 year old, hyper emotional, very demanding son!  I am in my last year of an honours degree in early childhood studies and it has been a long, hard road!
I feel an affinity to children and I feel confident and comfortable in their company.  I feel a confidence that I do not feel with adults!
I love my home, love closing the door to the world outside.
At times, however, I feel lonely and long for the love, companionship and understanding of a partner.  This longing, however, has not led me to accept a date or venture into the long road of getting to know someone - as yet!
I have close friends and family, and many acquaintances that I see on a day to day basis but always feel something is 'missing'.
I play the guitar and enjoy music.
Well, that's about it!
Juliet-Amber
x

Juliet-Amber
JulietAmber
Welcome New spirit

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 11:51:26 am »

Thank you everyone, I'm just having a read through your forums.
I don't know how much I could offer or contribute - you all seem very knowledgeable!
J x

Juliet-Amber
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 10:43:15 am »

Hiya Juliet-Amber

Nice to meet you hun ..............

Good to see a new face around the place as well, make yourself at home

If you need anything, dont hesitate to ask one of us hehehehe

Medusa xx

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 04:21:49 am »

Haha. Cool Juliet.

I was a bit surprized myself at how quickly you found this site but I suppose the universe is a genius in getting people to places they need to be.

Here we are an intimate group sharing our trials and tribulations through life and finding meaning in the fabric of our existence.

Warm welcome and I hope to see a lot more of you around here so we can share our views.

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
JulietAmber
Welcome New spirit

« on: December 13, 2009, 02:45:05 am »

Hi Everyone
I am not sure what led me here, a zillion miles away across the ocean.  Not even sure what to write.  I just know that when I woke up this morning, my first thought (after making a cup of tea) was to log on to this site.
I will go and explore further...
Juliet-Amber
 Kiss

Juliet-Amber

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: