Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 29, 2024, 03:59:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Where do you find the spirit in Contest?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you find the spirit in Contest?  (Read 461 times)
yorkep
Welcome New spirit

Spot on?: 0

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 04:26:53 pm »

Eugene,

I found out that the assessments are done anonymously, and are assigned. Thanks anyway.

Penelope
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
yorkep
Welcome New spirit

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 04:23:29 pm »

Thanks Christine,

I felt that it needed to be said, since nobody was saying it I decided to. Afterwards I felt better, because I realize that my intentions is what matters. So I place spirit first, and then as you said let go and let God, and I realize all is well.

I am glad that you know that you are not alone.

Penelope
Meleriessee
Welcome New spirit

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 08:06:42 am »

Penelope,

Thank you for this post.  I have been feeling so much of the same and being stressed about it.  Being a cosmic channel of God I am just getting the message to let go and it will be taken care of.

This competition has assisted me in learning how to market myself as I have been on this path forever and your words so ring true to it all.

Blessings in love and light,
Christine
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 05:05:22 am »

Oh yeah me too. Many times people thanked me for showing then something in such a way that it transformed them. It makes me feel really good and also makes me feel my life has more meaning.

Now this could be ego but I allow ego completely in my life as well. We are here to have fun too and there is no fun without ego LOL

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
yorkep
Welcome New spirit

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 08:48:32 am »

Thank you Eugene.

My book is posted on my Authonomy website, and when somebody reads your book and gets it, and it helps them to look at things at little differently. That is the best feeling/reward in the world to me as an author. I enjoy reading their comments after they actually read my book that is.  Smiley

Penelope
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 01:11:42 am »

I'm Honoured that you want me to do the assessment. I never really imagined what the assessment will be like or what we are supposed to do when we get there. I take this on short sight. More in the now, one thing at a time.

Thank you for asking and I will indeed feel honoured to do your assessment.

Great poem on surrender. I wish everyone would surrender for once.

For me living with allowance is living in surrender. When you allow life to be as it is and people to be as they are then there is no resistence on your part and thus no "should be's" All we ever surrender when we do is our attachment to our own belief that something 'should be' other than what it is. Then all those pent up emotions that built up behind the resistance releases into a river of relief and relaxed recovery.

Ha! there is a good theme for medtation. Our resistance causing the dam wall to strain and eventually burst with surrender releasing into a river of relief and relaxed recovery.

That's why I love this forum. The more I talk the more information comes to me.

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
yorkep
Welcome New spirit

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 05:15:35 pm »

When you said Jacob, my mind immediately jumped to the Biblical Jacob. I have seen one of Jacob's promotional tapes, and will have to view the others.

I wonder how many people went the professional marketing route?  Grin

I have surrendered the situation. In Unity we say: "There is only one power and one presence active in my life and my affairs, God the good omnipotent." Amen

To sum it up here is one of my poems.

Buy the way Eugene, I would be honored if you considered assessing my book Compass, during the assessment stage of the competition.

Frustrated

Like a dammed river ready to burst through with such force,
Like a volcano ready to spew lava,
I am frustrated,
The energy within me pushing like a tidal wave rising up,
I am frustrated like when you purse empties out onto the street,
Frustrated am I,
Like when the guy before you stops on yellow,
I am frustrated,
Life was never meant to be like this,
Flowing against the flow of nature,
But yet here I am frustrated,
Not knowing which way to turn,
Why is all working against me?
Instead of for me,
I do not know,
But I know dear God I am being eaten up with frustration and it’s making me despair.

You say that you are frustrated dear heart,
Do you even know why?
What is your source of frustration?
Is it because things are not ought how you think that they should be?
Is this why you are frustrated?
At times like now when the winds of favor are not blowing your way,
Will you take the time and listen to me for a while?
Your frustration stems from the fact that you have journeyed into an unknown destiny which awaits you,
But first before you may arrive at its door,
You must be tested, tried and through,
Not because I am bored,
But because when you arrive,
You must begin anew,
As a creature of Earth no more,
I know you are frustrated,
But what will you do with it?
Will you allow it to consume you?
Or will you master the tides that are slamming around inside of you?
I too get frustrated,
But then I take a big pause and realize that this frustration has come to show me something valuable,
As I take the time to look,
I see it has something to offer me,
Surrender,
Because I realize that there is a power greater than I,
Where I can release and lay my frustration at its door,
For I have come to learn that frustration is resistance to what is,
And the only thing that can release me from its treacherous clasp,
Is to throw my hands up and say Lord I surrender and fight no more,
For what will be will be,
And I realize it is not up to me,
I surrender it all to you,   
And worry about it no more,
So to my frustration I say,
I lay you down,
For I now realize you were just a pathway to lead me to where I needed to go,
I will dwell in your currents no more,
For I am now ready to acquire something even greater,
Peace,
Which lies just beyond your turbulent shores.

Selah.
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 04:48:21 pm »

The way it was described to me.

The publishers want to take us through the whole publishing drama and most of it is promotion. When you want to publish a book the hardest job is to promote yourself. So they began with the promotion part.

Now while this makes sense on the one side I can also agree that there is no product yet. I could have gotten a proffesional marketer to come and WIN this contest on a promise. Then to write some crappy leaflet afterwards.  Evil

But I dont think it is going to happen. I think the seasoned writers already have their following.

Anyway I watched Jacob's videos and they give us excedllent advice on how to market ourself. If not for now then at least for later or when we self publish. Its always good to know this.

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
yorkep
Welcome New spirit

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 04:30:56 pm »

Thanks. I will check Jacob out in my NIV. I believe in promotion. But the emphasize should be on our creation primarily, and on promoting it secondarily. We are the vessel through which spirit impresses upon. Our creations being the real star.

Once again what are we voting on? There is no product on the website. So we are voting on how well each other promotes their product. Okay.

Doesn't creation come first?

Penelope
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 04:33:10 pm by yorkep » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 06:41:24 am »

I find Jacob to be verry helpful in teaching us how to promote.

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
yorkep
Welcome New spirit

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 04:15:39 pm »

Thank you Eugene, I believe that you are right, and that spirit will find a way. Sometimes I feel that we have to be reminded to place spirit first.

Thank you Laure. It's good to know that people who are in the right spirit of this event are in this contest. I think that the people are great. It's just the parameters in Round one I find a bit limiting.

Namaste,
Penelope
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 03:43:28 pm »

Hmm Im just quoting for you from the "inside"

Date: 04/10/2010

Posted By: Laura
Dear Fellow Spiritual Messengers, I thought I'd print this again in truncated form so no one misses it. This is so AMAZING--THE AMOUNT OF SUPPORT, WHEN WE'RE ALL COMPETING--WE'RE STILL IMPELLED TO VOTE FOR EACH OTHER!!! Literally, "impelled" means there are forces within us, like God or Spirit, causing us to act, in this case to vote for one another. This is truly a SPIRITUAL CONNECTION we have here. This is truly a God thing to me, so if I feel impelled to vote for someone's message that speaks to me, I will, at the expense of my own numbers falling. Being a God thing in the end, whoever makes it to the final four were destined to. But WE ARE ALL WINNERS in our own ways, through other avenues, and have grown through one another here, sharing here, and learning through this process. That's the big picture, and I feel blessed to be a part of it all. PEACE, LOVE, & HARMONY TO ALL (per James via Katherine), Laura Noblejas #1199

Great huh?

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 02:43:05 pm »

Penelope I gree wiith you 100%

I feel the same way. Money rules and if we want our books published the money way we can. I also agree there is no merit in practicing marketing skills when you are a spiritual person but then how are you going to do it? That is the most popular way.

I see this as a practice but it might even turn out to be spiritual after all. The people in the share section are very spiritual and friendly in a cooperative manner. Besides that I have a feeling we are going to have to assess one anothers work before the end.

Granted a few best Authors might fall by the wayside before then but then I also believe in the perfection of the universe. If your book is meant for this time it will come out by hook or by crook. Somehow the right person is going to press the "wrong" button and see something and it would be just what the universe ordered.  Wink Grin

Faith honey.

One year when that soccer player won survivor you know what he said? "I just decided I am going to remain spiritual and not take part or buy into any clicking or backstabbing."

Love Smitten

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
yorkep
Welcome New spirit

« on: April 10, 2010, 10:25:22 am »

I am more than happy to do whatever I can to aid in the process of getting my book "Compass: Journey of the Soul from Egypt to the Promised Land" published. And this is such an opportunity, so I will compete. Compete by the way is not a dirty word, if it is seen as a sharing of our work for the upliftment of others. But I will not compete at the expense of spirit. Energy speaks! And the energy in any contest must be one of love. I am not sure  how much love there is on being primarily focused on marketing.

Don't get me wrong I am not against marketing. I was a public relations major. But should marketing come before the product, or should the product or work come first?

You can't know my book through a pitch. You can learn a litte about it. What are we voting for actually? To see how many people can get votes. This is a corundum to me.

The books that have not been read, not even in part will not evolve to the next round. The people who market the best books will. So it's business before spirit. This seems to be the order of things everywhere. I am not discounting the importance of a strong business plan in publishing. But the question is, is it more important than the quality of the work?

In my world no, and I create and choose the world in which I desire to live in.

Thank you for the opportunity for my book "Compass" to be shared, and the rest I leave up to God.

Penelope

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: