Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
March 28, 2024, 08:00:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Dairy and milk is good for you?? Cow manure!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dairy and milk is good for you?? Cow manure!!  (Read 553 times)
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 03:52:00 pm »

Yeah else it will not get printed.

I have been on many sites and saw many cures for problems that doctors cannot cure like cancer. Every time the author has to say "Experimental" and disqualify himself to get his voice out there. Luckily those of us who know look past those words at the cure.

It really annoy's me that we have mind police or thought police in a supossedly free world.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Alexandria
Spirit.

Spot on?: 2

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 09:57:11 am »

alarm clock alarm clock  Ahh a morning discussion about boobs lol  Love it, made me laugh out loud literally.  Afro

Yes, one or two stories about this or that, and bam, it's bad for you and the alternatives aren't going to work blah blah.  Far be it from us to research a little more and look into the fact that most of that research comes from Dairy farmer and cattle farmer organizations. 

I refuse to eat Tyson Chicken anymore, there is a plant north of me... it's hideous and people that work there have told me enough that if I do eat chicken... it's from a local producer, no antibiotics or hormones and they aren't made into little chicken cannibals either eating feed from ground up dead relatives. 

While pregnant I craved hotdogs and steak and... ewww KFC bbq wings lol ... thank God that's almost out of my system. 

Oh, I was reading my organic milk carton, and even though there is research supporting that hormonal dairy and other foods causes issues along with animals fed antibiotics, they have to have a disclaimer on the  carton stating that there is no known evidence to support that non organic milk causes harm.  Let's always be politically correct people. Tongue
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 10:03:26 am by Alexandria » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.  Ovid
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 06:05:55 am »

They often use one or two singular abnormalities to disqualify what they dont want the public to use.

So many people get ailments due to consuming dairy that they have to take public statistic when it comes to that. No one bothers to think it through. Yet when they find one or two singular incidents of someone growing mammaries or something its a statistical zero. Yet they give it so much publicity to scare the hell out of anyone considering the alternative.

BTW if you want to grow boy's breasts then feed them batterry bred chickens. That includes KFC. I know Colonel Saunders will hate me for saying so but that's his problem. He can turn in his grave its cool, good for the dust.  surfing A lot of males around here including me have size A or B cups   Grin Here were we live KFC get their chickens from baterry bred chicken farms.

I have a friend with tiny cute little ones and she says she has to look out to ensure she does not date a guy with bigger breasts than her. alarm clock
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 06:11:26 am by Eugene66 » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Alexandria
Spirit.

Spot on?: 2

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 04:54:06 pm »

I have cut my dairy consumption to a minimum since having Nicholas.  Since he gets breast milk, obviously whatever I eat so does he.  Basically we noticed that he was having bloody stools after the doctor decided we should fortify the breast milk with powdered milk based formula.  Once I took the formula away, he did much better.  I cut back on the milk and cheese and also began to buy organic milk if I do drink it.  There is a lot of truth to the whole dairy may not be the best for us debate.

I have heard though that soy milk can sometimes contain too much estrogen and some young boys drinking it have over developed mammary glands. Perhaps that is just some bad press to kind of discredit those trying to offer other alternatives to dairy.

Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.  Ovid
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 02:53:09 pm »

EMAIL THREADHas The Dairy Industry Brainwashed America?

I'm reading Joel Fuhrman's book "Eat To Live" and I thought I'd share some of what he says about dairy. My health has significantly improved since cutting most of it out and I was determined to find out why. Here are some notes from what I am reading:

Dr Mehmet Oz- "I do not consider milk a real food"
(Dr Oz wrote the foreward to this book btw)

-Most people consider a diet without dairy unhealthy, and are convinced that dairy is the best source of calcium for our bones.

-In fact, hip fractures and osteoporosis are much more common in populations with high dairy comsumption. American women consume 32 times the amount of cows milk as women in New Guinea, but suffer 47 times the number of broken hips

-This does not necessarily suggest drinking milk *causes* osteoporosis, but does call into question the relentless advertising from the dairy industry.

-Studies do prove however, that high levels of fruits and veggies are protective against osteoporosis

-In China, osteoporosis is virtually non-existent, yet Chinese consume less than half the amount of calcium than Americans. The Chinese's primary source of calcium is vegetables.

-A diet heavy in animal proteins is highly acidic, and the body releases calcium from the bones to help neutralize the acid. Refined sugar, caffiene, salt, alcohol also are also highly acidic, resulting in calcium loss. (I read in another book that drinking one Coke has a devastating effect on your body's calcium levels)

-Eskimos have the highest hip fracture rate in the world--their primary protien source comes from fish.

-Bottom line is that the calcium your body takes in from veggies is absorbed at a higher rate, and not excreted- meaning your body retains it.

-The only reason cows milk is considered such an important source of calcium is that the American diet is centered on animal foods, refined grains and sugar- all of which are devoid of calcium

-Green veggies are the best because they have so many nutrients in addition to calcium

Here is Fuhrman's bottom line:

"Dairy is best kept to a minimum. There are many reasons not to consume dairy. For example, there is a strong association between dairy lactose and ischemic heart disease. There is also a clear association between dairy products and cancer. There is also a clear association between milk consumption and testicular cancer. Dairy fat is also loaded with toxins and is the primary source of our nation's high exposure to dioxin....Cheese is also a powerful inducer of acid load, which increases calcium loss further."

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 02:47:14 pm »

PCRM Condemns House Language on Soy Milk Option for
School Lunch Programs as "Political Sleight of Hand"
Physicians Cellphone Dairy Monopoly Unhealthy for America's Children

WASHINGTON – The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine today renewed its call for Congress to add soymilk and other nondairy beverages to the list of options available to America’s schoolchildren through the National School Lunch Program. PCRM also condemned House language in the pending Child Nutrition Improvement and Integrity Act of 2004 as “political sleight of hand” on behalf of the dairy industry.

At the heart of the debate is the National School Lunch Act, the law establishing the National School Lunch Program that determines what food is served in America’s schools.

“For nearly 60 years that has meant pushing milk on children despite overwhelming scientific and clinical evidence that milk and other dairy products contribute to a host of health problems, including increased risks of obesity, diabetes, asthma, allergies, heart disease, and prostate cancer,” says PCRM Nutrition Director Amy Lanou, Ph.D.

In addition, many children, particularly children of color, cannot digest cow’s milk, because of a normal, but painful, condition known as lactose intolerance that can cause nausea, flatulence, bloating, cramps, and diarrhea. Between 30 and 50 million people in the United States suffer from lactose intolerance, including approximately 90 percent of all Asian Americans and up to 75 percent of African Americans. Latinos and Native Americans also exhibit high rates.

Despite growing public pressure for non-dairy alternatives, schools are helpless in the face of current USDA regulations that require that cow’s milk be the only beverage permitted in all federally assisted school meal plans. While many school districts would like to offer soy-based alternatives, the USDA will not reimburse them for it, forcing schools to shoulder the financial burden themselves – something many financially strapped school districts cannot afford.

It is a situation that is unlikely to improve if draft language released Thursday by the House Education and the Workforce Committee finds its way into the final House bill reauthorizing the School Lunch Act. Under the proposed bill, nondairy beverages are reimbursable only in the case of a medical disability certified by a doctor. Other medical needs and dietary preferences (including religious-based requests) do not have to accommodated and, even if they are, cannot be part of a “qualifying” reimbursable meal.

“The House language is the worst kind of political doublespeak,” said Lanou. “It gives the illusion of progress while maintaining the status quo. For decades our public schools have been a dumping ground for the dairy industry and our government has been hostage to the powerful dairy lobby – all to the detriment of our children’s health. It is long past time we put a stop to it.”

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« on: June 23, 2009, 02:43:16 pm »

Human Bodies Fight Cow’s Milk
Besides humans (and companion animals who are fed by humans), no species drinks milk beyond infancy or drinks the milk of another species. Cow’s milk is suited to the nutritional needs of calves, who have four stomachs and gain hundreds of pounds in a matter of months, sometimes weighing more than 1,000 pounds before they are 2 years old.(27)

Cow’s milk is the number one cause of food allergies among infants and children, according to the American Gastroenterological Association.(28) Most people begin to produce less lactase, the enzyme that helps with the digestion of milk, when they are as young as 2 years old. This reduction can lead to lactose intolerance.(29) Millions of Americans are lactose intolerant, and an estimated 90 percent of Asian-Americans and 75 percent of Native- and African-Americans suffer from the condition, which can cause bloating, gas, cramps, vomiting, headaches, rashes, and asthma.(30) Studies have also found that autism and schizophrenia in children may be linked to the body’s inability to digest casein, a milk protein; symptoms of these diseases diminished or disappeared in 80 percent of the children who switched to milk-free diets.(31)

A U.K. study showed that people who suffered from irregular heartbeats, asthma, headaches, fatigue, and digestive problems “showed marked and often complete improvements in their health after cutting milk from their diets.”(32)

Calcium and Protein Myths
Although American women consume tremendous amounts of calcium, their rates of osteoporosis are among the highest in the world. Conversely, Chinese people consume half as much calcium (most of it from plant sources) and have very low incidence of the bone disease.(33) Medical studies indicate that rather than preventing the disease, milk may actually increase women’s risk of getting osteoporosis. A Harvard Nurses’ Study of more than 77,000 women ages 34 to 59 found that those who consumed two or more glasses of milk per day had higher risks of broken hips and arms than those who drank one glass or less per day.(34) T. Colin Campbell, professor of nutritional biochemistry at Cornell University, said, “The association between the intake of animal protein and fracture rates appears to be as strong as that between cigarette smoking and lung cancer.”(35)

Humans can get all the protein that they need from nuts, seeds, yeast, grains, beans, and other legumes. It’s very difficult not to get enough calories from protein when you eat a healthy diet; protein deficiency (also known as kwashiorkor) is very rare in the United States and is usually only a problem for people who live in famine-stricken countries.(36) Consumption of excessive protein from dairy products, eggs, and meat has been linked to the formation of kidney stones and has been associated with colon cancer and liver cancer.(37,38) It’s also suspected that consuming too much protein puts a strain on the kidneys, which compensate by leeching calcium from the bones.(39)

http://www.peta.org/mc/factsheet_display.asp?ID=98

Lesson 3: What Not To Eat
Dairy Products and Unhealthy Fats
Dairy Products. Again, many people find it difficult to imagine a diet free of milk, cheese, butter, ice cream, yogurt, etc., because most of us were raised on a diet rich in these foods, and because these foods contain addictive substances. The digestion of dairy and grain proteins may produce opiate-like or narcotic-like substances. These substances may contribute to mental disturbances and appetite disorders.

Dairy products are high in saturated fats, are often heavily processed, and often contain harmful chemicals. Many people cannot properly digest the milk sugar, lactose, or the milk protein, casein. The consumption of dairy products is linked to many conditions and diseases including heart disease, asthma, allergies, premature sexual maturation, juvenile diabetes, cancer, and even osteoporosis which it is claimed to prevent. See pages 109 and 110 in The Paleo Diet, for a list of dairy products. Recognizing the unhealthy affects of dairy products on our health is of great importance since dairy products are a large part of our modern, Western diets including those of formula-fed infants and children. We will talk more about dairy products and diseases in a later section

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: