Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
December 05, 2021, 11:03:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.
 
  Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Poison.


Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Poison.  (Read 311 times)
John
Welcome New spirit
*

Spot on?: 0
Offline Offline

Posts: 3


« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 04:57:53 am »

Although it is not as likely to come into contact with poison ivy during the winter months, particullarly where it snows it is still possible to contract "poison ivy" or rather the allergic reaction associated with it during the winter. All it takes is for the sap (urushiol - the component that causes the allergic reaction) that runs all through the the plant to make contact with your skin. If you walk through it even once it has died out, burn it (leaf piles or burning brush) or come into contact with anything this oil may have been previously deposited on you may well end up with a case of poison ivy. You can even get it from your dog if you pet him and he previously ran through it. Iíve had it numerous times and know how miserable it can be and how easily it can spread.
Poison ivy identification is often summed up with the maxim, "Leaves of three, let it be!" Also note the notch on one side of each leaf which is also a good identifier of poison ivy.
Thatís poison ivy, the "hairs" being the vinesí aerial roots. As you can see in this picture of a poison ivy vine climbing a tree, the vine can cling so tightly to the trunk of a tree as to seem a part of it. Itís only the aerial roots that give the vine away in this picture.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged


Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum


Powered by SMF | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
Privacy Policy
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 15 queries.