Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
October 17, 2021, 06:07:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

ANIMAL SPIRIT GUIDES & TOTEMS

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANIMAL SPIRIT GUIDES & TOTEMS  (Read 1764 times)
harryhoudini
Spirit....

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 02:11:22 am »

that was an oops' on my part thanks Ann,

your dog post also makes interesting reading , faithful to the end are our 4 legged friends.......
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
harryhoudini
Spirit....

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 01:36:03 am »

great site link you posted ann........my dear departed english springer often rubs her body against my legs, my now welsh springer senses her when she is around..............

DOG

Dogs have one of the best totems or spirit guides because they are well attuned to the nature of humans and understand the best ways to guide them.  Throughout history the dog has been known as man's best friend.  There are hundreds of varieties, sizes and shapes found on every continent.  Certain breeds of dog are designed for specific functions.     

DOG MEDICINE

The dog is a protector and guardian.  Their acute hearing and keen sight forewarned their masters of impending danger. They serve selflessly never asking for their service to be praised.  They hold the energies of unconditional love and teach us its true meaning.

Domesticated dogs are faithful companions to humans and enjoys being useful by serving human friends.  Their sense of spirit and the ability to love even when abused is incredible.  The dog teaches those with this totem how to give and receive love unconditionally.  It also carries the energy of forgiveness.  People with dog medicine would do well in service oriented jobs.

Dogs are intelligent and sensitive. They are able to sniff out dangerous situations accurately and guide us into safety. Psychic gifts have long been are associated with the dog because of their ability to detect subtle energy frequencies often unknown to mankind. If dog suddenly appears in your life pay attention to your immediate surroundings and let the dog guide your footsteps.

Certain breeds of dog were designed for specific functions. The study of the breed and its purpose can help you define the energy associated with it. Since wolves and coyotes are its descendants these should be studied as well.

The behavior of a dog often reflects the personality of its owner. Through its observation and constant interaction with you it anticipates your next move, and serves as a mirror image of who you truly are. The dog is a great teacher for those who are willing to be loyal students. The choice is yours.
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 07:02:46 am »

Wow I recognise the bear Qualities too.

But I dont have the bear Qualities often. I sometimes have to call on them or desire them before I expereince them. Smiley

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 06:59:45 am »

Wow Medusa. Im happy to be an Eagle and in many ways what they say is true for me. Grin

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 12

GraveDigger......................

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 05:51:18 am »

Hello Ann

Have you got any other info on "spiders" ?

Medusa  Afro

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,4.0.html
Rest In Peace Dragon Rider ? ATS

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 09:39:33 am »

Hmm. I am a white crested eagle and I often fly the grand canyoun when I fall asleep or meditate. Sometimes i'm a grizzly bear.

Hey Eugene hun

EAGLE

American Indians see the eagle as a sacred messenger that carries prayers to the Creator and returns with gifts and visions.  We use eagles feathers to connect to this majestic and powerful spirit guide as we know the eagle feather holds cleansing and healing powers.  The eagle is seen by many cultures as a symbol of courage, vision, strength and endurance.   

EAGLE MEDICINE

Eagles need isolation in the wild to propagate and prosper.  This teaches us that we have a singular walk in life and must face life on its terms.

Freedom is vital to the survival of the eagle and this teaches us that all people must be free to choose their own paths; to worship as the Creator leads them; and to respect the freedom of others.     

As a lesson in balance and equality, both female and male eagles care for their young. 

The Eagle teaches how to master the art of patience and how to move through life without material attachments from their ability to sit for long hours perched on a limb in meditation.

Eagles have excellent hearing and can hunt as much by ear as by sight. To those to whom eagle comes, the ability to hear spiritually and psychically will awaken.

Eagles have sharp beaks and strong jaws that can remove a finger in one snap.  The eagle tells us to mind our words and how they affects others; to speak kindly without sharp rancor.

Eagles are renowned for their superior vision, ten times greater than human eyesight.  This quality is a gift of vision and clarity that should be used to help others through dark and troubling times.   

One who seeks the eagle spirit views situations and other people from a broad perspective for better understanding just as the eagle sees the world from a its great height.   

The eagle is a creature of the air, but has strong legs to walk on the earth and often lives near the water for food.   These  qualities of the eagle teach us to maintain balance in all dimensions to achieve inner-growth.  As we soar to spiritual awareness, we remain well grounded in reality as we purify ourselves with the cleansing waters. 

The eagle teaches us to have the courage to strive for greater heights of spirituality.  The Eagle is seen by American Indians as a connection to the Great Mystery - The Creator of all things.

"Don't regret what you have already done, but look forward to what is still to come!"
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 12:55:15 am »

Hmm. I am a white crested eagle and I often fly the grand canyoun when I fall asleep or meditate. Sometimes i'm a grizzly bear.

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
PrincessTiff
Spirit..

Spot on?: 2

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 09:05:29 pm »

Wow thanks Meduas...I always wanted to know more about Totem animals.

I once did an exercise I found in one of Sonia Choquette's books to meet my "animal guide" (whether that's the same as a Totem Animal I don't know...) and I found out mine was an Owl.

So thanks again for the info, it's a great site =D

For those who don't believe, there is no proof possible; for those who do believe, there is no proof necessary.
Medusa
Queen of the Dead !
Sageguide
Spirit....

« on: June 25, 2009, 03:48:22 pm »

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH This is beautiful !

ANIMAL SPIRIT GUIDES & TOTEMS

I think I could turn and live with animals,
they're so placid and self-contained,
I stand and look at them long and long.
They do not sweat and whine about their condition,
They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins,
They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God,
Not one is dissatisfied,

not one is demented with the mania of owning things,
Not one kneels to another,

nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago,
Not one is respectable or unhappy over the whole earth.

("Song of Myself", Walt Whitman, 1819-1892)

I have a spider as a helper, but I dont see her all the time but I know she is around me often when I feel her walk across my hand or foot !

SPIDER

Grandmother spider is a wise old teacher and weaver of many stories.  Her unique tapestry of life offers many paths to the center of oneself and creation.  Her medicine speaks of connections and unity of spirit.

SPIDER MEDICINE   

Spiders are light, delicate and not hostile to humans unless threatened.  To those who require this special of the spider, it teaches us to maintain a gentle and kind nature.
      A poisonous spider signifies death and rebirth.  As the poison of age and life's perils threaten our life, we use the venom to ward off future attacks or die. 
      The spider's web connects itself by silky threads to physical objects creating a net creating its home and place for harvesting food.  The web reminds us of our connectedness to all things on earth - that we are related to everything in creation.  The spokes of the web remind us to build links between ourselves and the Creator and all things.
      When the spider appears, it is a sign to connect with the ways of spirit in the ways designed by the Creator.
      The eight legs of the spider are unique from other insects who have only six legs.  And unlike other insects, their bodies are divided into two parts instead of three.   Two represents unity and a union of polarities. 
      In American Indian tradition, the first dream catcher was made by Grandmother Spider to catch the bad dreams of children.  This legend reveals our belief that negative elements of ones life may be screened out if we remember to keep the links between the Creator and ourselves strong and to always remember that all things in creation are one. 

Here's a good site I found : http://www.manataka.org/page291.html
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 03:50:58 pm by medusa » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: