Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
November 26, 2021, 10:54:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hairies Random Ramblings and other stuff

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hairies Random Ramblings and other stuff  (Read 428 times)
harryhoudini
Spirit....

Spot on?: 4

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 12:18:40 am »

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
candlelight
Spirit....

Spot on?: 5

ti amo

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 01:34:11 am »

Smiley  gotta go to work.. yeah like how annoying is that at times..  Smiley Smiley Smiley i could easily just not.. its in the plan though... heheee... its happening...

❀.*ƸӜƷ
✿ LOVE
( `❀. and
`✿. ) PEACE
.❀.✿*) .❀*)
(.✿ (.❀` *(`'✿..✿'

Love is the answer...................now, what was the question??

http://cottagereiki.blogspot.com/
Traveller
Spirit..

Spot on?: 3

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2009, 07:32:40 pm »

Hey there Mick Smiley

Glad you're going well there champ, and thanks for sharing the prayer above, I just saw it now, very apt for me today  Cool

I'm a meateater, too, by the way.
iarla
Spirit..

Spot on?: 1

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009, 07:04:06 am »

I'm a meat eater too Mick. I've had some amazing vegetarian stuff in restaurants - mostly Indian so I'd like to get in to that a bit more but for now, cows beware!

bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2009, 06:55:45 am »

I don't mind chowing down on a bit of cow occasionally, makes no difference. I mean agriculture of all kinds makes deforestation happen, and imagine forcing veg diets on an eskimo, they don't really have plants. Very arid places, like the outback - just chuck a goanna in the ashes or a snake and it'll keep you going. And - remember the movie 'Alive'? Hmmmmm.... I think high moral standards apply to integrity and food is dependant on environment.

What I do to prevent losing posts is copy them onto microsoft word then hit 'post'. If it is lost I just copy it back and go again. Spell check too, makes me appear to be literate! crazy2 I think this is best for quite long replies.

I do love the dogs. My missus (congenitally blind) has a guide dog called 'Astra'. It's good because we take her on planes and into hotels, national parks, restaurants etcetcetc. A black lab she is. (And the missus a white human).  Smiley

We go to lamington park too sometimes so if I see ya I'll holler out a cooee. (We're the ones with the dog of course). I like Springbrook and natural arch quite a bit too.

I agree it is great to create things, did you build the one I saw in your photo?

Much happiness to you and the missus.

Smiley Smiley Smiley (this much)

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

http://spiritquest.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,83.0.html
hairymick
Spirit.

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 06:31:28 am »

Hi Ann, welcome to my little circus Cheesy.

Where was I ?

Oh yeah, today started out awful, heavy cloud, rain and cold (for here) so I went over and visited with my dad (he's 87) and living in the next town for the morning and came home and made some sawdust in that I started making a new kayak. this is probably my one great obsession. - woodworking. - specifically, making canoes and kayaks. I find it a great de-stressor and I just love turning useless flat sheets of marine ply into things of grace and beauty (to my eyes anyway) The joy for me is in watching them take shape and form and as they do, each one is unique and developes a personality all its own.

In this day and age of mass- consumerism, I find great joy in spending several months creating something by hand for my own use - or to just give away as the whim takes me.

Nevermind, very tired again, had a couple of rustic, sweet Aussie red wines tonight and it is time for my poppy nap. I'm way to young to be getting old. Cheesy.

Oh, Ok, you talked me into it.  Grin Just one more wine and then I definately have to go to bed.  Smiley bloody W@#k tomorrow.
Goodness I love this stuff. ahhhh Smiley

Nothing to really talk about tonight no great issues spring readily to mind, I'm just kicking back by the log fire, dogs asleep at my feet, and all is fine with my little world. I just love times like these. Absolute silence, living in the Aussie bush - bliss.

How I wish I could share this feeling with all the beautiful people here.

oh yeah, i tried to reply to Eugene today on another thread. spent an hour thinking and typing and the whole post just disappeared. I was pretty grumpy at the time over it but now I realize that nothing I had to say was that important anyway. Nothing I say ever is. nevermind, might have another go tomorrow. Its a good thread and the question asked is important but my fuddled brain just can't be bothered to come to grips with it again just now.

Oh, oh yeah, something I have been maning to ask. Am I the only meat eater here? i know a lot of people view it as being sort of unspiritual and stuff and I don't want to upset anyone but I was just wondering - sorry. been flamed pretty well on another forum and i don't want to stir up anothher hornets nest. lookitthat - now my keyboard won't spell anymore. must be a communist keyboard. Cheesy

Betta go before i make an even bigger fool of myself.

love youse all

micky

Love,

Mick
hairymick
Spirit.

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2009, 08:04:00 am »

G'day guys and thanks again.

Will have to make this one pretty short. Very late here now and i am pretty tired. Spent the best part of the day on my back in bed while Robin (my beautiful wife) was  at work.  Feeling a bit better now - thank you. I hope to get out on the water kayaking tomorrow if i am feeling strong enough.

Also real glad you like the prayer. It was sent to me by an English friend a couple of years ago and touched me deeply at the time and still does. It typifies where I am at on my spiritual path and is a constant comfort for me.

My Mistress Moon is waxing to near full but is obscured by heavy cloud tonight. I can feel Her energies pulsing and calling to me!

Good night guys, will be back real soon. Smitten

Kondalilla Falls.

Love,

Mick
Traveller
Spirit..

Spot on?: 3

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2009, 05:16:49 am »

Hi Hairymick,

Nice to meet ya mate Smiley

I am also a dog lover, and am interested in Aboriginal spirituality.

Welcome to the forum,and I hope the flu retreats soon.

Take care,

Traveller Smiley
candlelight
Spirit....

Spot on?: 5

ti amo

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 02:35:52 am »

Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the wind,

Whose breath gives life to all the world.

Hear me; I need your strength and wisdom.

Let me walk in beauty, and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.

Make my hands respect the things you have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice

Make me wise so that I may understand the things you have taught my people.

Help me to remain calm and strong in the face of all that comes towards me.

Let me learn the lessons you have hidden in every leaf & rock.

Help me seek pure thoughts & act with the intention of helping others.

Help me find compassion without empathy overwhelming me.

I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy - Myself.

Make me always ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes.

So when life fades, as the fading sunset, my spirit may come to you without shame.

hi Mike, what a lovely prayer... thanks for that  Smitten

❀.*ƸӜƷ
✿ LOVE
( `❀. and
`✿. ) PEACE
.❀.✿*) .❀*)
(.✿ (.❀` *(`'✿..✿'

Love is the answer...................now, what was the question??

http://cottagereiki.blogspot.com/
Deveswar
Spirit...

Spot on?: 7

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 02:20:56 am »

Hi mike,
How are you?
i know i am late, and delayed wish "Welcome to the forum."

deveswar

"True teachers are few and pretenders abound."
bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 12:39:41 am »

Good to hear you write as you speak, I was bunging in on a bit myself.

Hope you and the missus are happy and well.

Me and mine are as happy as Larry!  Smitten

How've you been mate?

Smiley

Check out my personal space, it is funny and friendly. Please drop by for a chat.

bugeye
Spirit...

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 12:38:08 am »

Good to hear you write as you speak, I was bunging in on a bit myself.

Hope you and the missus are happy and well.

Smiley

iarla
Spirit..

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 11:39:46 am »

That's a great prayer. I'm a big fan of prayers that use the lingo I can understand. Some of the local stuff here - think I'd need a cert in theology to understand 'em Smiley

I used to do a bit of photography actually. Just amateur. If I find anything nice I'll post it up!

hairymick
Spirit.

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 06:51:59 am »

G'day Bugeye and Iarla and thank you for visiting my little thread.

I tried to reply this afternoon but my post has disappeared - again - mutter mutter.

Guys, I have been a little lax in posting here because i haven't been well. some sort of flu bug or something but seem to be over the worst of it now.

Bugeye mate, I write like I speak. Drives Robin nuts  Grin but that is who i am. Just a bloke doing the best he can with what he was given.

Iarla, Thank you for the very kind words and the offer. When the darkness comes again, I may just take you up on that.

The environment in which I work is unbelievably negative and my photography and time in the bush are my links to sanity. Yes, we are truly blesed to be living in this part of the world and again my photography has enhanced my experiences of time spent out with the Mother. I would encourage anybody wh can to purchase a digital camera of some sort (it doesn't have to be an expensive one) and just get out where-ever they are and look for beauty. It is everywhere if one looks closely enough.

I would respectfully take a moment to share a Native american prayer here. This has become my mantra of sorts. it reminds me of who I am in the scheme of things and has seen me through some very difficult times.

"Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the wind,

Whose breath gives life to all the world.

Hear me; I need your strength and wisdom.

Let me walk in beauty, and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.

Make my hands respect the things you have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice

Make me wise so that I may understand the things you have taught my people.

Help me to remain calm and strong in the face of all that comes towards me.

Let me learn the lessons you have hidden in every leaf & rock.

Help me seek pure thoughts & act with the intention of helping others.

Help me find compassion without empathy overwhelming me.

I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy - Myself.

Make me always ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes.

So when life fades, as the fading sunset, my spirit may come to you without shame.

South Pacific Moonrise.

Love,

Mick
iarla
Spirit..

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 07:17:54 pm »

Hi Mick! Wow, you have some amazing photos there. They should be framed too! You sound like a deep and really integral person Mick - it's a pleasure to meet you. Thankfully, it seems I've recently graduated from the university of depression, but man.. I know what it's like. I went through 4 psychologist until I found a good one. Tried anti-depressants and then read the works of Eckhart Tolle, Caroline Myss and Pamela Oslie. I think the combo of mild medication and psychological analysis helped me the most.  But of course there's a flavour of depression for everyone. If you ever want to post or PM me when your feeling down, please do and let the negativity flow by the way. I know it's good to stay positive and all, but the negative stuff needs to be released too I think. I've started writing as an outlet.

It's ironic that you're surrounded by so much beauty and you have these feelings inside occassionally. I hope you find what you're looking for here mate.

Iarla

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: