Our Quest To Practical Spirituality.
November 27, 2021, 02:34:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Spiritquest. Where we find ways to practice what we know.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Bliss Mistress Guide To Transforming The Ordinary Into The Extraordinary

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bliss Mistress Guide To Transforming The Ordinary Into The Extraordinary  (Read 74 times)
Eugene66
Check out my new website.
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 08:34:30 am »

I like it.
I like hedonism too. I believe that if you allow yourself the fullness of an experience then you can let it rest.

If life is about pure expereince then it must be about making known the unknown. So once its a known you are able to move on in peace if you want. Then you have that experience "bagged."

On the other hand when you believe its a sin your guilt will not allow you to have a full experience and thus you will never get enough of it. Hence our obsession with sexuality in the western world for example.

I would like to hear more views on this.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
snuggleyoga
Welcome New spirit

Spot on?: 0

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 08:18:02 am »

Hmmm...not fully...pleasure yes, but not to the exclusion of the needs of others or the other needs of my life:)   It is the idea that bliss goes way beyond being what one friend calls being a 'bliss ninny' or another refers to as  a 'bliss bunny'.  Ram Das was noted as saying "You still have to remember your zip code."  I am a grounded person, even while my head is sometimes in the clouds. Bliss can be experienced in washing the dishes or digging in the dirt, as well as gazing into the eyes of a loved one.  The book invites people to define and create what bliss is for them. It offers permission to move beyond pre-conceived or indoctrinated notions of what that could mean.

<3 Edie
Eugene66
Sageguide
Spirit....

Spot on?: 8

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 08:08:35 am »

Welcome with us Edie.

Thank you for posting your stuff. I voted for you already.

Is this book about hedonism?

http://magicliving.net

Love
Eugene.
  Smitten
snuggleyoga
Welcome New spirit

Spot on?: 0

« on: April 08, 2010, 07:35:36 am »

I am delighted to be here amongst so many talented writers. This contest offered the loving kick in the tush I needed to complete my book...still a work in progress (like all of us)  It is a series of life observation pieces, offering readers a step into life change by choice, since some life change feels like it occurs by chance.  The stories are, at turns...poignant, powerful, humorous, sensual, spiritual.  Many were inspired by classes I have taken, wisdom teachers I have interviewed, people, nature, music, chocolate (how could it be possible to write a book about bliss without chocolate) ...hmmmm, maybe I will include a piece of chocolate with every purchase:)  In between the stories are inquiry questions to deepen personal exploration.  There are also bliss bites which provide food for thought. 

This book has contributed to the "evolutuon of Edie", since it has worked me majorly.  It writes me as I write it.  A few years ago, I heard Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, Pray, Love) speak on creativity.       What she talked about was the idea that WE are the servent to the creation.  IT chooses us to embody it.   I have willingly come to accept that concept, since fighting it does no good:) 

Being in this 'contest', has provided all kinds of lessons about worthiness, being in the spotlight, asking for and being willing to receive what I have requested, trusting in the flow and process, relinquishing self criticism, overcoming 'imposter syndrome'....more to come, I'm sure:)

Looking forward to seeing what grows as this process continues.

www.NextTopAuthor.com/?aid=1323

Blissings,

Edie <3

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: